"Good luck Lauren", "Mayor Tom" and the Holy Grail

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thanks Madman, it's a lot of fun finding and posting. Wow Bram! I would never have guessed that much if it were mint. Thanks for the info. Gotta go back and find some more!!

kastoo

Reaction score
Man I never saw a pharm like that! Congrats! My guess is if one more is available it will be found in a Bradford privy.

mr.fred

Reaction score
I got to hold that bottle yesterday----pictures don't do it the real justice it deserves----I was waiting for Joe to make me wear gloves while i looked at it[sm=tongue.gif].The color and detail are the best i have seen in a long while[;)].There has to be another there.-------------------Mr.Fred.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Fred, thanks for the really cute little bottles! Joe wanted me to thank you also for the loan of the tools for the roof and the jacket. It fits him well. We're trying to get ahold of Tom this morning. We're dying to go back. We'll let you know if we're going.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
I meant to post this pic Laur took in natural light,...along w/ the only other bottle from that spot, an opium vial that I knocked the lip off w/ the probe....We went back Sunday but found only a deep wet hole with a shallow ash layer,...again, no obvious privy there unless it's under the addition....Penn Digger Tom has permission to look under a VERY old house being torn down (by hand) right now...there's debris in the way of the crawl but he drove us by it and it's an ancient house..vr. early. We're hopeful as always.... Joe[;)]

P.S. Fred, thank you for the help with the roof...much appreciated, Tom....thank you too for the plywood and assist. J.B.

03ABDD9F58694EEA858CDFF886CC2557.jpg

Attachments

• 03ABDD9F58694EEA858CDFF886CC2557.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 41

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
We're still awaiting Tom to weigh in here again....He's been "busy". Not easy being Mayor....Big Movie productions,...Town business, and now a MURDER.....geez, what's the world coming to?[:mad:] I'll stick to bottles thanks. Here's the little vial...these things are always so crude! Thanks for looking. Joe

CDB7950D3ED94978A6CC04B2B94738B0.jpg

Attachments

• CDB7950D3ED94978A6CC04B2B94738B0.jpg
    CDB7950D3ED94978A6CC04B2B94738B0.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 32

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

I meant to post this pic Laur took in natural light,...along w/ the only other bottle from that spot, an opium vial that I knocked the lip off w/ the probe....We went back Sunday but found only a deep wet hole with a shallow ash layer,...again, no obvious privy there unless it's under the addition....Penn Digger Tom has permission to look under a VERY old house being torn down  (by hand) right now...there's debris in the way of the crawl but he drove us by it and it's an ancient house..vr. early. We're hopeful as always....             Joe[;)]

P.S. Fred, thank you for the help with the roof...much appreciated, Tom....thank you too for the plywood and assist.                               J.B.

I WANT SANTY TO BRING ME A BOTTLE JUST LIKE THAT ONE FOR CHRISTMAS! I BET THE OLD MAN WON'T DO IT THOUGH! HE STILL HAS NOT DELIVERED ON THAT INDIAN QUEEN BITTERS! BE LIKE USUAL"OH ANOTHER BROMO SELTZER,JUST WHAT I NEEDED!"[:'(] JUST LIKE MY IN LAWS GIVING ME TUBE SOCKS EVERY YEAR,WELL IN THE PAST, I FINALLY GOT IT THROUH I LIKE CREW SOCKS AND TRUTH BE TOLD I REALLY AM THANKFUL FOR THEM,AS I LOSE THEM SOME HOW![:-] ANY OF YALL GET SOMETHING LIKE SOCKS ,TIES,SAME THING EACH YEAR, ETC. AND TRY TO LOOK PLEASED AND SURPRISED? NOW IF I DID GET A BOTTLE LIKE THIS ONE WOULD BE NO PLAYING SURPRISED OR DELIGHTED! WOULD SCARE THEM ME DOWN KISSING THEY FEET![:D][:D] JAMIE

passthebottle

Reaction score
Congrats, Beautiful bottle indeed!
Hope that the embossing doesn't wear off with all the handling and fondling[:)]

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Well, I "sanborned" it, and it turns out, there was an alley running between the backyard these two homes. The one we were trying to locate the privy for has an old walkway leading to a cement slab. Tried to probe under the slab, no luck. There are some new wooden steps coming off the house. Right under those steps is a very prominent sunken spot. I saw this the first time I was there, but the guys weren't too sure about it. It's hard to probe because of the steps and we didn't know about the alley yet. My guess is the walkway led to the alley and the privy is either right before the slab, on either side, or in that sunken spot. My only concern is how to probe under the steps and how to dig that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete