"Good luck Lauren", "Mayor Tom" and the Holy Grail

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Forgot, we also found a really old opium vial with a lip chip, but it's cool. It has a tiny potstone in it.

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
WOW I'm really happy for you guys. That had to be a great experience to find that one. I'm glad you are able to work it out that you just have "joint custody" I think thats the way to go. I bet the photo of your bottle hit me harder than most, because I collect "teal and peacock local druggist". Recently I've had money trouble and had to dump most of my "non dug" collection on ebay. The only thing non dug, that I'm not selling are my 8 rare teal druggists. I'm hoping when things pick up I'll be able to add to my collection of teals. So someday, if you guys do sell it, I would LOVE to have it in my collection. Keep me in mind, please!

Congratulations on the GREAT discovery. I'm happy for you.
Bram

RedGinger

Reaction score
We'll certainly keep you in mind, Bram. We were thinking, "Who would collect a druggist from our town?" (even though it is a beautiful bottle). Keep in mind the lip chip, though. If you displayed it, you would not even see it. I have no idea what a bottle like that would even go for.

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Shouldnt you guys flip for that green gem [:-][:D]

Maybe when you flip for that puce gem [:-][:D] Joe hasn't really said anything to me about it, but I know Joe loves the bottle and it was really special to him to find it. I know if it was any other nice bottle, he would have probably given it to Tom. Since I've talked to neither to of them about it, I think it was generous of Joe to offer to share it. But what do I know?

madman

Reaction score
hey joe that is a killer find !! wow i really enjoy reading your and laurens posts

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
My guess is that that bottle would be worth $500 mint. It looks like it's about 5" tall, so thats my guess. Then take off for the lip chip depending on how big it is. It's just a great bottle to me. Nothing better than a teal, or in this case peacock, small town druggist for me. Enjoy it! Bram

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin