govt protest

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

These are slated to be shot from helicopters this month on the 21st and 22nd. They shoot babies and all. Heartless enviromentalism. [:(]

The emperor has no clothes!

8DF114D55A874FE4AC658DCB502F5E64.jpg

Hey Tony,

What do they do with the meat?

Are they in favor of rationing the native lands? Is there a concept of native lands anymore in Hawaii?

Sioux-Women-Receiving-Rations-courtesy-Denver-Public-Library-Colorado-Historical-Society-and-Denver-Art-Museum.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I heard that in some other States they are going to require a permit to protest if more the two people get together.

In Jersey, there's no such thing as less than 2 people in one place.. it's usually more like 2,000 ..and 75 different languages being spoken.. so that permit biz ain't gonna fly here.. it KILLS me to think they're gonna fly around in copters and blow away wildlife, like the crappy idiots shooting bison for fun out the train windows and other horrors of the not so distant past.. how can individuals be so great and worthy, while nations of them are so sick and demented?

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

These are slated to be shot from helicopters this month on the 21st and 22nd.

Hey Tony,

What do they do with the meat?

Are they in favor of rationing the native lands? Is there a concept of native lands anymore in Hawaii?

Sioux-Women-Receiving-Rations-courtesy-Denver-Public-Library-Colorado-Historical-Society-and-Denver-Art-Museum.jpg
[
[/quote]

Surf,

They allow a few vehicles to come and get meat. Usually no more then 10. You need a permit for that too and they are very selective. Last year I tried to get in with a couple of photographers, one has done work with National Geographic, thought we could get some video of the carnage to help spread the word but they shut us down.

A lot of the native peoples lands are managed by a State run entity so they have your token native doing the dirty work for them. They are eradicating all the ungulates from DLNR lands, National Parks, Department of Hawaiian Homes land (DHHL) and Bishop Estate lands. Office of Hawaiian affairs is in the mix as well and is another State run agency. Most Hawaiians are divided down line between these "State run" organizations.

Hey Chuck,

Keep in mind they have been shooting these animals since the 1980's. Well over 20,000 sheep have been shot from copters since then and currently only a few hundred remain.

rockbot

Reaction score
Last year the military got into trouble because they decided to shoot 500 goats out of one of their training areas. They open fired from a military copter blowing apart these goats with machine guns. A new commander took over the base and was a conservation nut. Thought he could do what every he wanted on a military base. The story was posted on the net for about 4 days and then it was jerked from sight. Total cover-up after.

rockbot

Reaction score
Images like this aren't uncommon.

F1EF48ABAE9641529C8455AA40CAEB2A.jpg

Attachments

• F1EF48ABAE9641529C8455AA40CAEB2A.jpg
    F1EF48ABAE9641529C8455AA40CAEB2A.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 50

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
What's the problem? I do not see where they are taking action on private lands. What I read said 'Public Lands' which means govt. lands............lands owned by you and I. It's not yours so the owners [U.S. goverment] can do what they want.

What's wrong w/ getting rid of non-native & invasive species? Goats and pigs are a really nasty and destructive bunch of critters That's the reason they are refered to as pests..........true you can eat them, but who would want to? Brown Tree Snakes, now that's a fun critter you should stock your islands with.

Restore it to pre-Eurprean times? Happening all over the America. From tearing out dams on rivers to demoing cooling towers on nuclear plants. Get used to it.

17 sq. miles? That's not much. From the way the article reads, that small patch feeds half the island. I bet it doesn't. I'd bet not more than 1/10 of 1%. If someone has enough time to run around in the jungle hunting and gathering, they should plant a garden. It produces more......much more.

"Support your local hunters" does that translate to "The jungles belong to the gun nuts"? listen, if ya think your going hungry and gotta hunt to survive, buy some fishing tackle or better yet go to the grocery store.

"Govt attacking our culture"...........that's funny white folks in Polynesian lands saying something like that. Is that what the natives said a 100 or so years ago?

..........and exactly what is this culture the govt. is attacking?

rockbot

Reaction score
You are a perfect example of someone with no culture, and if you think Govt lands belong to you and I then you are a lost cause.
No need to go any further, your stupidity is out shining the sun.

ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

What's the problem? I do not see where they are taking action on private lands. What I read said 'Public Lands' which means govt. lands............lands owned by you and I. It's not yours so the owners [U.S. goverment] can do what they want.

What's wrong w/ getting rid of non-native & invasive species? Goats and pigs are a really nasty and destructive bunch of critters That's the reason they are refered to as pests..........true you can eat them, but who would want to? Brown Tree Snakes, now that's a fun critter you should stock your islands with.

Restore it to pre-Eurprean times? Happening all over the America. From tearing out dams on rivers to demoing cooling towers on nuclear plants. Get used to it.

17 sq. miles? That's not much. From the way the article reads, that small patch feeds half the island. I bet it doesn't. I'd bet not more than 1/10 of 1%. If someone has enough time to run around in the jungle hunting and gathering, they should plant a garden. It produces more......much more.

"Support your local hunters" does that translate to "The jungles belong to the gun nuts"?  listen, if ya think your going hungry and gotta hunt to survive, buy some fishing tackle or better yet  go to the grocery store.

"Govt attacking our culture"...........that's funny  white folks in Polynesian lands saying something like that. Is that what the natives said a 100 or so years ago?

..........and exactly what is this culture the govt. is attacking?

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

"Govt attacking our culture"...........that's funny white folks in Polynesian lands saying something like that. Is that what the natives said a 100 or so years ago?
1. the total of the inherited ideas, beliefs, values, and knowledge, which constitute the shared bases of social action
I see culture as meaning, along with native practices and heritage, a way of life.

Hawaii is a melting pot of cultures that come from Polynesian, Portuguese, Philipinno, Japanese, Chinese, White, etc.

rockbot

Reaction score
I will try to stay on the high road on this.

We are not only representing hunters but hikers, bikers, people that gather native plants for culture practices, bird watchers and other recreational users.
Land issues are in the hearts of many.

Pat you are correct that hunters may occupy a few percent but we are the ones who enjoy the areas as the greater percentage of the population either can't, don't know how, or are just unable to and thus never really see or experience first hand what its like.
The land issues that they see or hear about are derived from Conservation programs aired on the boob tube and conjured up by the media. They would have you believe that everything is in a crisis.
They are using the restoration of water sheds as a key component to this environmental movement.

This is what we are fighting, the take over of public lands to be fenced and eradicated of all animals and off limits to all but a few conservation biologists. No public access!

Once fenced and eradicated they will remove invasive plants by poisoning them. Great idea, lets poison our watersheds. Monsanto (giant chemical company) has been a big part of this plant invasive species clan. I wonder why?
Nice profits to be made poisoning our watersheds! they are currently paying farms 5 times their yearly farm salary for them to use their products including GMO's.

Plumbata

Reaction score

You are a perfect example of someone with no culture, and if you think Govt lands belong to you and I then you are a lost cause.
No need to go any further, your stupidity is out shining the sun.

Bahahaha! [:D]

I am on your side Rocky, by all means keep fighting the good fight, but Pat does bring up some decent points. I have noticed over time that he likes to play the Devil's advocate and rile up discussions and arguments. I have done the same thing, but very recently learned the error of my ways. In reality he is a sharp fellow, I just think that bad things may have happened in his life which pushed him towards critical cynicism, and thus over time he has learned both how to push people's buttons very skillfully, and learned how to derive enjoyment/satisfaction from doing so. Only within the last week have i found and understood faith, and the goodness and grace which comes with it. Perhaps he has yet to discover the same?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter