govt protest

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Is that what the natives said a 100 or so years ago?

Hey Pat,

Thanks again. It is so amusing when you have one of your bouts of cultural constipation, and decide to cleanse your guts with this sort of digital droppings.

"The love of country is deep-
seated in the breast of
every Hawaiian,
whatever his station"​
- Queen Lili`uokalani​

"To prevent the shedding of
blood of my people,
natives and foreigners alike, I
opposed armed interference, and quietly
yielded to the armed forces
brought against my throne....and
have pursued the path of peace..."​
- Queen Lili`uokalani​

"I owed no allegiance to
the Provisional
Government so
established,
nor to any power or to any one
save the will of my people and
the welfare of my country."​
- Queen Lili`uokalani​

Queen-Liliuokalani.jpg

bostaurus

Reaction score
This does not relate to this topic directly but it does in a broader sense to what is happening around us including things in this topic. This guy is my favorite politician..if I can even say that!
It is a long speech but well worth the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BujuEpGmKMg#!

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

I've been called worse, by better. [;)]

To judge by your interpersonal "skills", this statement is probably the most true thing you've ever written, most certainly backed up by thousands of altercations where the righteous have shined the light of truth upon your multitudinous failings... [;)]

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Ahh, more forum fun.. great..

It always is Charlie.

Now if Rocky,Surfe or Plumb can tell me what right they have to dictate the happenings on land that does not belong to them. Please, I'm all ears

They do not own it or hold a lease on said land.

If they can convince me that the 17 sq. miles in question, out of over 4,000 sq. miles that makes up the island is the key to the entire nutritional sustenance needs of the archipelago.

Show me how non-native invasive species is beneficial to the population as a whole.

Is hunting a right or a privilege?

Peroid.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Now if Rocky,Surfe or Plumb can tell me what right they have to dictate the happenings on land that does not belong to them.

Hey Patsy,

Golly, now you want to dictate the terms of the discussion, too. A minute or two ago, you said,

lands............lands owned by you and I. It's not yours so the owners [U.S. goverment] can do what they want.

I don't believe that Tony, Plumb, or I were doing any dictating. Tony was protesting the actions of DNLR agents and other bureaucrats in "our" government. I was saying, "Right on, Tony." with a fist pump. Plumb was trying to psychologically plumb your dark waters, and help model some communication "skills."

You'll agree that legal protest, discussion of governmental affairs, and the policies concocted by Mr. Abercrombie's Tribbles, are still things we have the right to discuss and question.

If they can convince me that the 17 sq. miles in question, out of over 4,000 sq. miles that makes up the island is the key to the entire nutritional sustenance needs of the archipelago.

You'll have to maneuver your own durn strawmen, by your own self.

Is that a trick question?

Nicely, put, Patsy. You're a credit to ole Chinquapin Falls.

rodent-beer.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I used to love set-to's like this, and I still find them fascinating.. then one afternoon I awoke from a nap and learned I had been made a moderator.. then I suddenly became cybercop, and it becaME QUITE INAPPROPRIATE FOR ME TO GET IN THE FRAY.. (oops) ..in the last couple months, though, I've come to realize that sparring is human nature, and to sterilize the forum of any such thing would not be good for ratings.. so, my friends, go ahead and hack away at each other! Just be clever about it, and leave out the potty mouth.. [:)]

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Ahh, more forum fun.. great..

It always is Charlie.

Now if Rocky,Surfe or Plumb can tell me what right they have to dictate the happenings on land that does not belong to them. Please, I'm all ears

They do not own it or hold a lease on said land.

If they can convince me that the 17 sq. miles in question, out of over 4,000 sq. miles that makes up the island is the key to the entire nutritional  sustenance needs of the archipelago.

Show me how non-native invasive species is beneficial to the population as a whole.

Peroid.

Ahh finally a good set a questions that I can happily answer.

We do not hold a lease on the land. It once belong to the Hawaiian Kingdom. In the Hawaii State constitution it is the right of Native Hawaiians to gather and hunt in all lands of Hawaii including private lands. Military is excluded.

The area in question is 6,600 acres or 17 miles of fence. They already took the adjacent parcel in the 1980's and that was 18,000 acres. The National park has the adjacent parcel to that and thats another 333,000 acres. Hakalau forest reserve is another 38,000 acres. Much more around the other parts of the Island.

Removing ungulates causes massive increases in invasive plants with no way to control it. This is a wetland and upper dryland forest area.
A ten year study was done that proves it. I'll will post it as its very technical and thorough.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter