H. Lake's Indian Specific

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
OHHHH yea It is very definitely a pontiled example, this is the nicest find that has been put on these forums for a long while. I would value it at at least 1200.00 dollars....NICE find..........GO BACK and find some more...............Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
somebody here might offer you close to that figure maybe, but e-bay is the best way to go, easy to use and a bottle like that will go good, check on past sales, there have been a few........

sandchip

Reaction score
Am I seeing a base chip at the edge, lower left in the first base pic, upper right in the second? If so, it will affect the value somewhat. Still, a great find in anybody's book! Definitely need to go back and look for more.

Alexm1087

Reaction score
Well idk if I'm searching eBay right or not but on average bottles in this time period are go for $100 or less. I mean if someone was interested in it for the range ur saying it's worth I mean by all means I'm interested in selling it but if it worth $100 or less I miss well hold on it and let it get older and more rare.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Again. condition is VERY important but just the word Indian has a whole subset of specialty collectors. There are also "Specific" collectors and "pontil" collectors, relative of Mr Lake and a number of others that can all effect price.Is that a base chip of some sort and how bad it so?As far as holding on to it, who knows if the world will exist in another 20+ years so enjoy what you can get. Heck, you got it free.Also think what would happen in there was a hoard of them under that building. Supply and demand you know.

Alexm1087

Reaction score
I'll have to look over it some more when I get home but idk if it's a natural "chip" or what I've never dealt with bottles before I just happened to find it in a dirt pile and was like well look at that it's still intact and decent shape. I didn't figure it was worth anything but I decided to clean it up and there's no cracks or anything really couple scrapes idk if it was part of the casting or just from being in the dirt. Usually when I find bottles they're broken.

botlguy

Reaction score
I will just add that you really can't just go by the time period to establish value. There are lots of 1840s bottles worth less than $100. Take our word for it, that thing is worth in the hundreds even if it has a base chip. A flake would come off the base occasionally when the blow pipe was removed and that doesn't affect / effect value much if any. It depends on the individual collector how much they devalue something like that. I've found that eBay is usually the GREAT EQUALIZER. Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator