has anyone seen this in NJ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
has anyone seen this in NJ? are all the states doomed?!?

Ay74345.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
Yeah really, You don't want to be out defacing any dirt for heavens sake.

More public property that the public is not allowed to use, Great.

mudmonkey

Reaction score
probably some wacko group complained because you were disturbing some ants or bugs.Heavens to bid you disturb a rat in a dump or cleaning up a place in New Jersey!

lacolobiger

Reaction score
Iwonder if the winer that ponded tho nails into that tree is a real tree hugger or just someone that gets there kicks wineing. I'd better start digging before them stupid laws make it out here. thanks for the heads up!!

portland med. man

Reaction score
nope havent seen any like that but have seen on that said no trespassing and on the bottom it said leave this historic site along you perverts well i thought being a pervert was from checking out teen girls in plaid mini skirts and why would it be historic while still buried under 4 feet of dirt... about your sign i dont think posting one sign would keep me out of there unless they`re within state posting guidelines... i would dig there if there`s just one sign 5- 6 feet up dig till your hearts content... gotta post right by law...and some times the people posting these signs dont have a clue of the law .... in maine most people use no trespassing signs but never use them correctly ......whoopsy

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Philabottles...

Thanks for posting that Matt... it's a "wake-up call" to all of us! That is one of the nicer things about being underwater... The tides, rains, run off and ice do more damage than I do... I dig a hole and in a week or so, the tide has filled it back in again!!! Oh well, I imagine that someday, we'll all be forbidden to collect anything...[>:] I'm afraid those times are coming sooner or later...[:mad:]

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
It wern't no tree hugger pounded those nails in that poor tree. Trees have feelings too ya know. It were probly a revenuer or somthin lak that.

Yea it's crap alright. In Alabama all land is posted by law. Even public land, which is supposed to belong to John Q. Public but instead is in the care of greedy s*#_@^! who steal our tax dollars and blow the rest on useless pet projects.

amblypygi

Reaction score
Technically it's illegal to do any sort of "underwater excavation" in MA without a permit. I never ever do that! [8|]

All of the bottles I've found are what are called "isolated finds", which are legal to retrieve.

Also, if you ever stumble across a cobalt bitters or anything else worth more than 5 grand: that belongs to the state (at least in MA) according to a "treasure trove" law that was passed after the discovery of the Whydah some years back.

There's an interesting compilation of lots of these laws here (it's a fascinating read, you should check it out): http://www.myhastings.org/outlines/ArchaeologyRelicsLaw,Cunningham,Fa1999.doc

crkgrl

Reaction score
I think it is technically illegal to remove anything from any state or federal land.

At one of my favorite walking spots, the government entity decided, 8 years ago after a hurricane, that they had to "close" the area because of hurricane damage. Thing is they never opened it again. Then miraculously more "closed" signs started popping up. I figure it is either a lack of manpower or some big government plot.

There isnt much activity in the areas now, but some people still walk it occasionally. Nobody has been arrested as far as I know. (Insert government rant here).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday