has anyone seen this in NJ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
AAeee, I resembles that thar peg leg remarrrk swabs, or my name aint Long John Red Beard Peg Leg Patch Eyed Pete.[;)]

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
I think whether we like it or not, we're all in a kind of grey area legally. I just do my best not to piss anybody off.

I tracked down a great looking dump in Maine once, way out in the woods, came to a corner of a rock wall, with a huge mound of very early looking trash, old iron buckets , looked like a jack pot. Then I noticed up in the tree at the side of the dump a hand made sign that said. " DO NOT DIG HERE, DUMP IS BOOBY TRAPPED". It looked like the " I'd go back if I were you " sign in the wizard of Oz.

I called it a day :(

Bram

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Bram,

Could be the sign was put there by another bottle digger... maybe he found a couple "N. Woods" in there and he didn't want anybody else digging up the rest of them.

Just a thought...

Wayne

amblypygi

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd just ignore that. Ooh look there's a pontiled ... CLICK!

Pm34725.jpg

JustGlass

Reaction score
Ive seen similar warning signs like that in vermont, but only on state owned historic sites along the Lake Champlain shores, and where forts stood. They more or less say dont take any artifacts found,,,from arrowheads, buttons, bottles, coins, ect...As long as private lands say open for archeaolgy searches things here will be fine. What scares me is the state ( undertaker) wants to keep everything buried. I understand that some places should be off limits, but other places should be searched now before being plowed, bulldozed, and developed which is destroing valuable history.

amblypygi

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: downeastdigger

Ha ha! Ambly nice pictures, you're a computor wiz I guess..

Hey Bram,

Nope, the first one is just a picture of a big bomb, and the second one I made myself. Not with a computer though, that was done the old fashioned way. Stuffed a pair of pants, old socks and shoes with newspaper and took a pic [:)]

Did almost get in trouble with it though: There was snow starting to fall and so I decided to leave it overnight and take another shot the next day when the lighting was better, we were only supposed to get a light dusting of snow. That place is a bit off the road and I figured no one would happen by to be shocked, but... [8|]

I got a call from a curious state trooper the next day; seems the newspaper I stuffed the pants with had my address on it, D'oh!! I was able to explain it ok, but he still didn't think it was the cleverest thing to do. The original reason was that I wanted a funny slide for a talk I was giving, and when I showed it someone from the audience said "hey I read about that in the paper". They were kind though and didn't print my name anyway, I was just described as a prankster.

It actually came out a little too realistic, kinda creepy. Now that it's on the internet who knows where it'll end up [:D]

Sean

Mainepontil

Reaction score
Here is the sign, we had to take it for a souvineer. This was more like a hazardous waste site, if the guy came back I was going to tell him that I was going to report him to the state EPA. You guys should say that if you ever get kicked out of a site, it really gives them second thoughts.

perverts.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday