Help ID this extensive collection Part 2

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mzirger

Reaction score
I do know there certainly is a lot of them. I have started cataloging what i have by taking pictures and creating a spread sheet with what's either embossed on the bottle or some identifier. They are beautiful bottles but I really have no place to keep them and the wife doesn't really want them in the house. So instead of having them crammed in a bunch of cardboard boxes in the garage I really would like to see them in the hands of those that would appreciate them.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi back. At this point in time I don't need many bottles. I enjoy them but never got into paying ridiculous money for many of them. My biggest demijohn is a ten gallon clear glass one, and it blows my mind to imagine the man that could hold that gather of glass up in the air on a blow pipe to make it. He had to have un-God-ly mussels. I have a good hundred demijohns, many wicker covered bottles, glass writing pens, glass canes, early hand blown black glass and enpontiled hand blown bottles, glass canes and one of them is a black European four foot cane that was hung on the wall of homes - washed daily - and symbolized their desire of a healthy family. Glass inks, turn molded bottles and all kinds of hand made markings of how they were made. I even have a five foot blow pipe on my bottle den wall. A library of nearly a hundred books about early bottle making. I am going to get a book listing made for my homepage this winter, I hope. RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie