Help needed on shards ID.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

truedigr

Reaction score
If you saw some nice bottles, advertising pieces, and offers of thousands for certain bottles, then you found the right person.

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
I had looked at that Frisby soda while active and was drooling! Gorgeous soda! The pontil on mine will cut your finger-not the average center of an improved pontil. Kinda looks like they tried the "new-fangled improved" pontil and either didn't hold or decided to switch back to the tried & true method. Whatever the reason, I couldn't make a call which one it looks more like! Cuts your finger in the center and has residue surrounding it. To my eye it looks like the protruding glass was added over the iron pontil.....Jack

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
truedigr said:
If you saw some nice bottles, advertising pieces, and offers of thousands for certain bottles, then you found the right person.
That was the one! Has pictured an amber Conrads! Never heard of one! Drooling!

truedigr

Reaction score
I sold a black glass whisky cylinder about the same time as the Frisby that had a mix open / iron thing going on. The outside looked etched like an iron, while the middle has a huge slag of glass. The chunk of glass wasn't sharp, very funky looking pontil though.

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Oldest looking bottle I ever dug was a black glass ale likely from the 30's had what you describe. So crude and out of shape! Very crude gnarly looking pontil.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause