Help using E-bay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

aridice53

Reaction score
Hi All,
Can SKS please tell me, when you put an item on E- bay do they take the money for the listing fee out of your bank account up front or do they wait and take it all when the item sells??
I need to get my guitar sold, cause right now, I don't have enough in the bank to list it!! LOL!!!
Thanks,
Char

tigue710

Reaction score
they take it monthly like lobey said. If you list it now they will try to take it out of your bank around the 15th to the 20th. Just take all your money out and the bank will decline the payment, and you can pay them at your own accord. Its is very aggravating how they try to dip into your account...

I use an account I opened just for ebay, there is never any money in it ever! That way they cant mess up my real bank account and try to take money for items that havnt even sold yet!

Pay-pal if you use it will take their cut out of the payment when it is received if it is sent through pay-pal...

aridice53

Reaction score
Thanks Guys,
That helps. I'm finding Ebay rather overwhelming. I figure once I get started I'll figure it all out, (I'm not a complete idiot, just a partial one). Now to figure out the shipping question. How are you supposed to do that if you don't know where its going to ship to???
Oh well.
Thanks again,
Char

aridice53

Reaction score
Thanks Lobey!!
I appreciate your info, but, I'm trying to sell my electric guitar, therefore the shipping calculator doesn't work for me. It doesn't give you any idea what to charge for the oversize, so, I don't know what to put in the box. If I don't put anything there, it won't let me post it. So, I guess I just need to put a ball park, then tell people shipping may be more.
Thanks again!
Char

spyder

Reaction score
Hello

yes you can use the calculator for your guitar. For USPS you have to check the irregular size and it can only go parcel post. I would recommend UPS or Fedex. As for the free tape..........if you ask at your local post office they usually give it to you.

Stardust

Reaction score
you can get free tape? What do you ask for? I heard you can have boxes sent to your house so would they send the tape also? I may want to sell a few items.
[:D][8|] Stardust

spyder

Reaction score
Hello Stardust.

You can get Priority Mail and International boxes from USPS off of ebay for free. They used to do the tape but quit. I ask at the post office and she usually gives me some rolls. It also says Priority Mail on it too. You can also print your labels off the internet and if you call they will come and get it. The mail carrier that delivers to you house will only take very small packages. If you have any more questions let me know. Tom

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85