Hi looking in the Capitol Region NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

colorpro

Reaction score
Hoping someone here would like a hard worker to show the ins and outs of legal digging. I am stout of heart and body really love the excitement of finding dug old stuff...I have always been the one to find things no one else has seen...I have a genuine love of antiques and always find myself looking down wherever I am...I've found some great stuff (ie fossils old metals other glass (even a body because I was off the beaten track weird) my comma button is not working so forgive the errors!! I am in the capital district of ny so anyone near this area would know all the counties it covers! Let me know if you have pre-winter digs that you need help with..I have a car tools detector and gusto!! Thanks!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Sorry - I'm in PA, but that body story sounds interesting... and yes, in PA we dig in the winter..

Welcome to the forum!

Kate

botlenut

Reaction score
Hi Colorpro, My name is mark, And I live in a small town called Hadley, which is between Saratoga, and Lake George. A little north of the capital District. Myself and a couple freinds have a sizeable dump that we dig in just north of Albany-Troy area. Its not super old, probabely dating to the 1890-1930 period or so, but we have had some pretty decent finds. There's plenty of digging left to be done too. And another plus is that we have good access to it, and noone ever bothers us. Its getting pretty frozen now, but we do occasionally dig in the winter. Its just alot more work[:mad:] And the breakage rate is higher due to the temp. change when a bottle comes out of its 55 degree tomb into the cold air.Your welcome to come out with us. Our little window of time that we can all seem to get together is Sunday mornings from daylight to about noon. Once you know where our spot is though, You can go any time. If you havent dug before, I dont know if this time of year is the best time to learn, but you are welcome to join us. If you want to respond to this post, I can give you my # and if we get out again, soon you can meet us, and at least check it out. Or wait untill spring to go with us. We are all DieHards, so chances are pretty good, we wont be able to wait untill spring to dig.[:D] There is a great group of Bottle People in the capital District. Some dig, and others just buy. Theres a Capital District Bottle Club that meets once a month and puts on a great show every year, They also have a meeting once a month. So to sum it up, There is plenty of Bottle activity around here. Look forward to hearing back from you, and welcome to the Forum. botlenut, Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib