High trade for a decent collectible

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
I have this 128.19 NATURAL White Topaz Necklace and leather briefcase I am willing to trade for a decent valued collectible. The Necklace is pure 925. Silver and lined in the nearly flawless jewels, currently for sale for $105,000. Brand new, purchased at the Hong Kong International Jewelry Show. It is 18" long and the stones are mainly Pear Cut. I am going to try and start a home museum, so right now I could use the money or something of similar value other than the necklace. [;)]

View listing for more pictures* http://www.ebay.com/itm/128-19ct-WHITE-TOPAZ-925-Sterling-Silver-HKIJS-Womens-Cocktail-Necklace-Choker-/171016552215?pt=Fashion_Jewelry&hash=item27d1617f17
IMG_5965_zps69dedfe4.jpg

IMG_5976_zpsfa571f6e.jpg

IMG_5982_zpscb6653e7.jpg

IMG_5988_zps3bcee982.jpg

Please note* the stones appear White/Clear in pictures, yet are reflective of any color in real life, that cannot be captured on camera.

Any serious trade, I will give my phone number to to call me and talk about the deal over phone. Please be aware that if we trade with shipping instead of meeting, I MUST receive YOUR (trade item) first. There are no estimates on value other than the one from when I bought it, where no paper work was done or given to me. I would be more than happy to take it to the local appraiser and get written papers though! [;)]

NyDigger1

Reaction score
Those are some sweet jewels but im sorry to say that at $105,000 thats a completely inaccurate price. I used to deal in rocks and minerals and gemstones as well, buying and selling. At no mineral show, even the most expensive nyc show have I ever seen a piece made of silver with topaz for that high of a price. Realistically if you tried to sell it to the normal collector you would be looking at $5,000 -$10,000. The materials themselves used in this piece dont even cost more than $1000.

The fact that you didnt get any paperwork, from the Hong Kong show, which is notorious for having the most well kept paperwork for gems, with the piece pretty much ruins any chances of selling it to serious collectors as they all require it. Without the proper paperwork, appraisal, and ID, most cant tell the difference of if these stones are white topaz, clear quartz, light aquamarine, petalite, etc,etc,etc. Im not saying this to offend, im saying this so that you could know for future purchases.

What you would need to do now is get it appraised, which isnt going to be cheap. Its $100-$200 per ct appraisal, which means that for every carat a stone has they take $100-$200. This is true for every appraiser in NYC and most (I think) in California, which is where you would need to send the piece by mail, for two to three weeks to get it Id'd and appraised by GIA or another appraising company representative. They can tell you the value of it for free no problem, but what they charge for is the value in print, .I.E. the certificate.

Hope this helps

AlexD

Reaction score
$100-$200 per ct appraisal

Ehh, nevermind. [:-] I'll settle for a LOT lower now. I've never gotten a Jewelry appraisal, thanks for all the info!

AlexD

Reaction score
New price now. It'll still be enough to buy/sell some nice bottles with! [:D]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171016552215

NyDigger1

Reaction score
Glad I could help. If you want I can give you some dealers numbers who might want to buy the piece from you.
Let me know, thanks [;)]

AlexD

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: NyDigger1

Glad I could help. If you want I can give you some dealers numbers who might want to buy the piece from you.
Let me know, thanks [;)]

Sure! [:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26