High trade for a decent collectible

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

KBbottles

Reaction score
Sorry, but this piece is just not worth a written appraisal at all. White topaz has very little value and is extremely common like clear quartz. I wouldn't be surprised if it is misrepresented to begin with and may actually be quartz crystal, or a synthetic stone. The price of silver per ounce is quite low right now trading around $22-23 an ounce (slightly less for .925 oz) so that doesn't add much value either.

Secondly, and please don't take this as an insult... silver jewelry such as this is being mass produced in Asia and can be picked up incredibly cheap on eBay or at local flea markets, gem shows, etc... (NYDigger take note next time you walk the floor of a gem show). Anyone seriously into jewelry, gems, and metals knows this and will not be fooled on the web. It is worth only a very small fraction of your listing price.

Lastly, there are gemology and jewelry forums you can show this off on. I am certain you will get a realistic sense of value from one of those... not from bottle folks here.

I have been involved with gemology and jewelry for 15 years. I monitor the market constantly and have quite a detailed knowledge of the subject along with much experience collecting, buying, and selling. I even have my very own gem faceting equipment and cut my own pieces.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Alex,

Why are you selling this under a different user name than your notmal one? That zero feedback coupled with the no return policy you have isn't going to impress anyone looking at buying something like this.

KBbottles

Reaction score
Not to mention the silly case, foam, and white gloves are really over the top and ridiculous for "white topaz." Puke.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
This thread ain't getting any less creepy yet.. [:-]

AlexD

Reaction score
Not to mention the silly case, foam, and white gloves are really over the top and ridiculous for "white topaz."

That's just the "case" it comes with. The foam and gloves ultra-soft and the padding is wrapped in plastic sheets (as well as the necklace) to protect against tarnish and small surface scratches. Originally supposed to be black. I'm trying to keep it as new and un-touched as possible for the next owner. [8|]

2find4me

Reaction score
Since when did you go to Hong Kong? Is that your gf in the 2nd pic in the description? $500 international shipping? Why don't you sell this on your old account? Very mysterious, I will have to pass this auction.[:D]

AlexD

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: 2find4me

Since when did you go to Hong Kong? Is that your gf in the 2nd pic in the description? $500 international shipping? Why don't you sell this on your old account? Very mysterious, I will have to pass this auction.[:D]

1: It came from Illinois, the dealer bought it there [8|]

2: Nope, she looks pretty decent though. I'd take her [:D]

3: It'll be shipped the best way possible!

4: On that account I was hoping to sell other things too, listed there to get things started and working as planned.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen