Holy Water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
I use the terms "Nearcut and Presscut" generically. I think of flint glass when I see the words early pattern glass. It is Pressed Glass in a Brilliant Cut type pattern. It's not very expensive. I have a Zipper Loop pattern Cruet From the same era.

tncgal

Reaction score
Flint glass will ring like a bell, when tapped, and was used more for cutting in the American Brilliant style than for EAPG, due to the clarity. Today, we call it Lead Crystal.

Flint at first meant fine glass ware, then when they replaced the impure ground stone with chemically prepared lime, they continued to call the fine glassware flint. When they replaced the lead with Sodium Bicarbonate they continued to call non-colored glass flint.

David E

Reaction score
Yeh tncgal is correct it is pattern glass, and is a cruet (If it ever had a top it shoud have a ground top inside (most times).
Patterns hard to find in a book as there were so many of them and they sometimes used more than one pattern on piece
Sunlight will show you the purple but if it is flint it will not.
Right now I have at least five crutes only on has a top, but top were often stolen. I sell mine for $50.00 unless they are missing top and have a crute here called amberina/
500.00 Hope that helps and if anyone can find the pattern
tncgal will.
Dave

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau