How 2 deal with a negative person?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

keithstanfield

Reaction score
My older brother,(WHOM I'VE LOOKED UP TO IMMENSELY)
Has always been super pissed off...........dunno why,just the way he is,i guess.......has taken a turn 4 the worse....now hes talkin bout militias,the end of the world is coming,etc etc.......hes arming up,and drinking his ass off (thats my job,lol).........what 2 do???????????i am pretty concerned,or else i wouldnt be talking about this.......

epackage

Reaction score
I don't envy your position, talk to family members first...

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I don't envy your position, talk to family members first...

I agree,maybe if DR Phil were a bottle digger and a forum member this would be the place to come for a problem like yours,but I don't think he is into old glass[:)]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
if DR Phil were a bottle digger
I'd hit him in the head with a shovel and bury him in the pit. I'd be doing the world a favor.

For your brother, get the whole family together, assuming they care about him. Try to stop the alcohol first , that is going to make depression or any other metal problems worse.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Keith,How old is older? Is he married ?, kids ? job status,ect ect.I have watched one of my neighbors drink himself out of his health,then his job and now his home and marriage.Evryone who knew him tryed to help him but now it is too late.Get your brother out of the house and away from the TV just like Pat said and I also do recommend getting laid 2.4 times a week at a minumum as this will help ease some of the tension.

Seroiusly invovle yourself with him get him to talk about what is bothering him the most and then try to rekindle any passion he may have had for anything in his life,hobby,fishing,hunting,sports,getting laid anything but drinking,weapons and food hoarding so Mason jars,beers, and whiskey bottles are out as a collectable for the foreseeable future.[;)]I would also try and gather up his amo if you can and hide it or dispose of it if the situation becomes increasingly worse.He needs to stop drinking and this is the tough one that unfortunatley only he can figure out how to do.[:mad:]You dont need to come home from work one day to hear about a good old fashioned standoff at your brothers homestead[:(],the end result is never good for the perpatrator.[X(]

The bottom line is he is crying out for attention,and is very frustrated about something very big in his life and his way of dealing with it is by blaming the Government and his fellow man for his own personal short comings.[:(]]If you want to give him a reality check look into visting a Childrens Hospital where children are terminaly ill from cancer and other rare diseases,[:eek:]this may help end some of the pity party he is feeling about himself right now and show him it is not as bad as he perceives it to be. Good Luck Keith,[:)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

Keith,How old is older? Is he married ?, kids ? job status,ect ect.I have watched one of my neighbors drink himself out of his health,then his job and now his home and marriage.Evryone who knew him tryed to help him but now it is too late.Get your brother out of the house and away from the TV just like Pat said and I also do recommend getting laid 2.4 times a week at a minumum as this will help ease some of the tension.

Seroiusly invovle yourself with him get him to talk about what is bothering him the most and then try to rekindle any passion he may have had for anything in his life,hobby,fishing,hunting,sports,getting laid anything but drinking,weapons and food hoarding so Mason jars,beers, and whiskey bottles are out as a collectable for the foreseeable future.[;)]I would also try and gather up his amo if you can and hide it or dispose of it if the situation becomes increasingly worse.He needs to stop drinking and this is the tough one that unfortunatley only he can figure out how to do.[:mad:]You dont need to come home from work one day to hear about a good old fashioned standoff at your brothers homestead[:(],the end result is never good for the perpatrator.[X(]

The bottom line is he is crying out for attention,and is very frustrated about something very big in his life and his way of dealing with it is by blaming the Government and his fellow man for his own personal short comings.[:(]]If you want to give him a reality check look into visting a Childrens Hospital where children are terminaly ill from cancer and other rare diseases,[:eek:]this may help end some of the pity party he is feeling about himself right now and show him it is not as bad as he perceives it to be. Good Luck Keith,[:)]

See I told you there was a doctor Phil in the house
DRRRR PHILLLLL IN DA HOUSEEEEEE!!!!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Steve,
Great advice.

Keith,
You should realize that you may not be able to help your brother at all. Its his life and he may be so resistant to any imput from others (and so defensive) that nothing you can do will help. To that extent, you need to protect yourself, make sure that you don't get hurt. I like the idea of getting those together who love him to try to point out that - they love him immensly but- he needs to get help before its too late. Best of luck.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

He needs to get laid, smoke a hooter and turn off the TV.

or............. go dig a privy

I think there are other forums that are better equipped for this type of problem like Dr Fill.net

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Seriously if you come to a "bottle forum" with a problem of that magnitude then there is something wrong with you also.sorry I am just being real here,you need to start talking to people in REAL LIFE face to face to prevent someone from being hurt.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles