How Did I Get Sanborn Maps?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

antlerman23

Reaction score
I was looking all over for sanborn maps for weeks, but all i could find were lists of them in libraries. I finally just asked the Library of Congress if they would send me pdf files of the maps i wanted and guess what. THEY DID IT! I now have all the sanborn maps of Rochester Minnesota from 1884 until 1914! Im not sure what i will do with them, but i have them! Im hoping they may help me find a dump or privies. Either way, they are extremely cool! How did you guys get your sanborn maps? I am curious!

2find4me

Reaction score
I don't even know what Sanborn Maps are. [&o]

botlguy

Reaction score
I would repeat the / my story of the discovery of the use of Sanborn Fire Insurance Company maps to locate privies on residential lots but few are interested and most don't believe me anyway so I won't bother.

antlerman23

Reaction score
Jim, I would love to hear this story! if you don't want to put it out in public, I would love to see it in my inbox!

2find4me

Reaction score
Hey Jim, shoot me a PM if you have the time, I would be really interested in how to use these.

sunrunner

Reaction score
local collage librarys sometimes have them,thay may help fined out houses thay don't show dumps.

botlguy

Reaction score
I intend to share my story, again, with the entire forum but have been ultra busy for several days. I think this story, while it brings absolutely no glory to me, bears telling to the masses. Please be patient. I will probably start a new thread. Thanks for the interest you two.

ironmountain

Reaction score
most public libraries will have them online also. i can login with my library card and access them.it took three years of metal detecting to even consider checking the library

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH