How old are you ????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LaidBackJack

Reaction score
OK, I'll play. I'm 53, but from the waist down I'm still only 18. Always been a treasure hunter, but until about 10 years ago I paid little attention to bottles. I was an avid gold-miner, but the price of gold & my deteriorating lower back put an end to that obsession. I think the colors & crudity of old bottles attracts me more than any other quality. I will still dig when/if opportunity or chance presents a possibility for treasure, but mostly I now buy/sell/trade for bottles. Being naturally nosey, self-employed, and meeting lots of backwoods folks in my perambulations, I am always coming across bottles that have already been dug for me! I'm currently searching for a dumpsite that was used by the early overland pioneers who came over the Sierras in my region starting about 1850. There are three possible localities according to my research, but all are in places where access is limited to about 5-6 months because of winter snows. Probably low chances for finding bottles, but you never know. Anything from an 1850's, pioneer dump would be cool to me, and the climate @ 7-8000 ft. elevation preserves most artifacts much better than down in the flatlands. Going up this weekend for more metal-detecting, probing, and dowsing. It's just a matter of time.

NORMA HERRON

Reaction score
WELL I,M OLD ENOUGH TO BE MOST OF YOUR MOTHER.I'M NEW TO THIS SIGHT SO FORGIVE ME IF I SOUND FUNNY.MY DAD STARTED BOTTLE DIGGING IN EARLY 1950.
I ONLY HAVE ABOUT 100 BOTTLES BUT HAVE ONLY KEPT THE BEST-I AM 68 I THINK I HAVE YOU ALL BEAT--MY FATHER WAS STILL GOING A LITTLE OF THIS AT 93.THIS BEST TO ALL.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Norma and welcome to the forum !
Your only as old as you feel and your only 68 years young .
My Grandfather was an active digger till he passed away at 90 from Cancer.
I have some pics of him digging at 89 at my website www.bandbantiquebottles.com under the " about us " link. You might go check them out......it's a neat pic !
Happy diggin' Brian

NORMA HERRON

Reaction score
RE: How old are you ????BRIANS

GREAT BRIAN, I LOOKED AT YOUR WEBSITE--I LOVE THE SIGN BEHIND YOUR GRAD DAD THAT SAY NO DIGGING-----MY DAD ALMOST GOT PUT IN JAIL ONCE IN MCKINNEY,TEX. FOR DIGGING IN A RIVER BED.
I HAVE A LOT OF WHAT I THINK IS GOOD BOTTLES I HAVE PUT A FEW ON EBAY-PLEASE LOOK AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK.MY EBAY NAME IS TOMMYJUNK .PLEASE LET ME HERE FROM YOU.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Norma ,
My granddad told me lots and lots of digging stories and I would listen to them for hours and hours .
I'll go check your bottles out on ebay. Thanks Brian

brianwi

Reaction score
I'm only 15, so I think that makes me the youngest.[&:]

KentOhio

Reaction score
I'm 19, but am wise beyond my years. With bottle facts, that is.

dpbottleman

Reaction score
Im 64, retired, live in Texas, collect very old Dr Pepper, Arteisan, Artesia, Circle a, Lanzenby Liquid Sunshine, Waco, Texas bottles

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward