How to dig a still standing privy.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NyDigger1

Reaction score
my rule of thumb is never to dig a standing privy. I had the chance to check one out in Greenport Long Island, 1850s house, stone pathway going out the back door which leads right to the privy which has been converted into a small shed. Still standing, modernized seats. No doubt its an oldie because it was stone lined and pretty wide, a good 7-8 feet across, but still, the modernized seats turned me away from even trying.

glass man

Reaction score
A year later and the person is down from #186 to #182 and staying there....??

ANY WAY ..GOOD LUCK on finding the dump..a year later.... JAMIE[:-]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Re: RE: How to dig a still standing privy.

LOL you have to give the guy credit,he pulls the wool over the eyes of many hahahaI will never ever take that dude seriously. Hes talking in tongues[:D] "It is indeed oa very old privy and is had has three or four shelves in it with straw on each of the shelves. I saw a rounded tip of the wooden ring or lid of the privy hole where you sit but the shelve was nailed right onto the top of it, covering all but the tip. I also poked around a natural depression in the hillside a ways from the privy and found clear and green 1970s to 1980s screw top soda bottles and a few plastic bottles and a green plastic spray bottle"
s4p9ft.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH