Howdy all!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
What's up everyone. I've heard a rumor that some folks been talking about me. Yup I'm still alive and for those don't know I'm a bit of a hobby bouncer. I'll get totally obsessed with one hobby such as bottle digging and go nuts for a while. My latest obsession is heading back to the woods for so peace of mind and re-centering myself. I'm still digging once in a while but don't see myself getting into it big this year. Then again one good bottle could get me going again.

Tomorrow I'll be doing a different hobby but it involves bottle digging. There's a sport called geocaching, it can be a lot of fun. You hide a water tight container in the woods with a log book and some trinkets for the kids to trade. You get the gps coordinates and post your hide online. People check out the site, see your cache page, type the coordinates into their gps and then "treasure hunt" for your cache/hidden treasure box. One of the aspects of geocaching is called C.I.T.O. Cache In Trash Out. We go to a spot, like tomorrows event at a new nature trail, we find a problem area such as a trash pit and clean it up. Its all volunteers and we have fun doing it. The dump I'll be supervising the clean up on tomorrow is mainly 1950's trash. If I'm lucky there will be an old throw in there.

So that is basically what I've been up to is geocaching, hiking, camping, a little river hunting for Native American relics, cub scouts with my son, family and friends and it leaves me with very little time. I'll be back in the dump sooner or later. Might have to find a new one though. My friend got us booted out of the last one. Oh well, it happens. Well I thought I'd just drop in and say hi and maybe next time I'll post a pic of my new tattoo. Happy Diggin' everyone and I'll talk to you soon. Swiz

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Swizz.

Glad you stopped in for a bit. You know, you're most welcome, and I wanna see bottle or geo-whozit catches.

I remember those scouting type days, fondly on one hand, and not so, on the other.

I remember you having a great relic resume. You can play a little catch-up with Jason, can'tcha...

welcome-back-kotter-photograph-c10042001%5B1%5D.jpg

swizzle

Reaction score
Thanx all. A GPS is a Global Positioning System. It uses billion dollar government satellites to find tupperware in the woods.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
What up Swizz

Whats cookin ? How ya been?

You should have told us you were getting an operation [:D]

7C55ADC04AB44B00874DDE4F21B7E908.jpg

Attachments

• 7C55ADC04AB44B00874DDE4F21B7E908.jpg
    7C55ADC04AB44B00874DDE4F21B7E908.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 79

swizzle

Reaction score
DSC07693.jpg

Ummmm. No!! Here's my new tat. The day my oldest son was born I saw a red fox and 2 red cardinals. When he got older and was learning his colors he insisted that his favorite color is red. I wanted something a little more original and since everyone else seems to be getting wolves I thought this would be perfect. Now I need another tat for my youngest. Something more like satan rising from the middle of a tornado would be more fitting for him.

Well anyway, I went to the dump today and basically got skunked. I wasn't expecting to find much anyways. The first bad sign was the plastic clorox bottle on top of the ground. Not a blown bottle in the whole group. Oh well at least we got half the dump cleaned up. The other half of our crew working in another location pulled out 85 tires, a couch, bed, vaccuum and a ton of other crap. I pulled out 19 buckets full of rusty tin and fresh smashed glass. It turned out to be a beautiful day. Swiz

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: swizzle

Now I need another tat for my youngest. Something more like satan rising from the middle of a tornado would be more fitting for him.

Hey I got one of those too! [:D][:D]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey