HUGE Collection just purchased

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi just went through a hellacious thunderstorm with tornadoes everywhere, had all this stuff in the back of truck, I thought it was going to hail any minute aww that would've sucked. Everything is soaked, it need to be washed anyway. Just looking at some of the stuff I picked up there is bitters bottles um.. a few from new orleans, a bunch of hostettors, one olive green looking hostetter. Two that say African on them, green. A neat looking dr. something swamp root bitters, some of these bottles look a little foreign. One that says John Bull? As for TN bottles, some amber cokes, whiskey bottles, the jugs are all plain. I have two or three ginger? bottles. Someone asked about VA bottle, there is one jar from VA. I'll just have to sort this stuff out tomorrow, it's still raining. I still have to go back and get a load of commerative coke bottles, 30 6 packs, I hate those things but oh well they came with the collection. Here is a pic of some of it.

By76682.jpg

Attachments

• By76682.jpg
    By76682.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 69

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi back at school again, yes I will be selling it, I know what it's worth about $10-$15. There is two in the pile. It is a really neat looking old bottle but I guess they are common in some places.
Robert

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi all,
I thought I should clarify my previous comment about silver spoons. It was directed at Barqs19. In Australia, when someone is considered to be very very lucky, ie Barqs19 for getting this collection for $1000, it is said that "he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth". I think he should remove it so that he comes back down to earth where the rest of us earthling live, where nothing goes to plan. Besides, I wanna borrow it.

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi Brian sorry it took so long to get back to you. I guess it wasn't an olive, it just looked that way with all the dirt on it. It turned out to be a yellowish green color. It's different from any of the others I've seen. here is a pic of the yellowish looking bitters by one of the more common ones. Tell me what you think.
Robert
barqs19

Ca82903.jpg

Attachments

• Ca82903.jpg
    Ca82903.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 65

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey Robert, WOW! Look's as though you may have scored big [;)]. Don't laugh but, I have begun a collection of the dreaded Coke commemerative bottles [&:]. I am looking for 10 ounce straight sided. I perfer them with the product still inside. If you have any that you might want to let go I would be interested [8|].

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi yes I do have those and you are more than welcome to them. They are full. I will get a list tonight and email them to you.
Robert

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973