Huge Find 5/29

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

adshepard

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

It's easy for bottle people to forget that people who are not bottle people really aren't bottle people.. I mean it takes a seasoned eye to spot a good one from a junker. I'm sure well over 99% of the population does not possess this ability to recognize a good one from a pile of dirty old bottles lyin' around outside.. and most people would not even be curious.. lots of them would have fun breaking them, some would consider them a safety hazard, esp. today's mommies..
..so yes, there are 'unwanted' valuable bottles all over the place...

This is so true. I dive for bottles in Maine. There are many local fishermen that drag the area and often times they pull up bottles. I talked with a few of them and the most common thing they say is that they give the nice colored ones to their wives to stick in the window. They have no clue as to value and don't care. If I'm picking bottles off the bottom that are valued in the hundred's of dollars you know they're dragging them up too. Many times their probably just throwin' them back in the deep.

Alan

beendiggin

Reaction score
I might be paranoid or a conspiracy theorist for saying this but what the hey... we don't REALLY know the story....or any story for that matter.

For all we know those bottles might have been stolen from someones collection by an ex wife who was going to come back and smash em all.

Then again they might have been stored there to be used later in a meth lab that could make dope to be sold to school kids.

Or maybe they were part of a terrorist network's bomb making operation.......Thank God you found those bottles when you did. You might have saved some lives. You at least saved those bottles anyway.

Or they could've simply been photoshopped into this forum !!! Just like that puce flask!

Or ???????????????? I don't know what to think now!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh by the way... Most people don't know a single damned thing about old bottles is what I've found out so.... Carpe diem!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
....then there's the seasoned veteran expert bottle peeps who don't have an artistic perspective on bottles in ..un-mint.. condition.. and leave them in tailing piles.. thanks guys!!! [:)]

90EF143BE624401DBC6EAC7B0F3ADD39.jpg

Attachments

• 90EF143BE624401DBC6EAC7B0F3ADD39.jpg
    90EF143BE624401DBC6EAC7B0F3ADD39.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 64

cyberdigger

Reaction score
..even those unappreciative housewives don't see the potential..

4A9A00A4C6334397ADD274B433C18E74.jpg

Attachments

• 4A9A00A4C6334397ADD274B433C18E74.jpg
    4A9A00A4C6334397ADD274B433C18E74.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 67

epackage

Reaction score
[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

splante

Reaction score
Knowing Taylor to be very trustworthy and honest, he wouldnt pull any crap like what has been suggested. I have seen construction sites wher they have put bottles aside knowing someone would want them or recycle them maybe not to that extent but it happens....
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

House fire huh? I had one of those in 98............took me three years before I had a place to put my bottles. I left them under a friends shed for close to four years.

I tell ya, I'm damn glad I don't live around any of yall, and to have had a landlord such as that. I'd be bottleless for sure.

Talking about cold and self serving logic.

I'd bet my left nut there is more to this story than what we are hearing. I'd also be willing to bet that no one told the people who had the housefire that their bottles were fixing to be given/carted away. Did you or anyone make any attempt to see if they wanted their bottles back or just went by what your friend or the landlord said?

"Oh look, they left there keys in their car..........that must mean they want someone to drive it off."

Then I guess it's a North/South kinda thing.........maybe not but, I know if there is something of value and it's not mine.....................................

Then maybe it's the age difference between me being 53 and you being 23. Age makes you look at things a bit differently.[;)]

splante

Reaction score
Taylor dont let him get to you ..always see the negative side with him..seen it before and sure we wil see it again......Is Seekonk in the works again

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
THis would be milk for sure.. would it be for sale ?? Thanks John
ORIGINAL: epackage

I'm still thinking cottage cheese or sour cream on the Deerfoot, great gets Taylor...[;)]

GACDIG

Reaction score
For Another Late WOW.....................................

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229