Huge Find 5/29

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RIBottleguy

With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. You should keep your motto about fools and wise men in mind. I happen to have a motto as well. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all. You've offended and insulted me, and to what end?

Hey Taylor,

Well said, sir.

Ole Pat, man, talk about your unwarranted, unfounded castigations.

to-what-end-concealed-10.jpg

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

"
Then I guess it's a North/South kinda thing.........

Not by a long shot. ^^ Now,If they'd been under a shed or something,well and carefully covered,I could understand the problem. But haphazardly tossed into buckets it apparant whoever put them there didn't think too much of them. Alot more probably would have been busted by the end of next winter. If whoever put them there wanted them they should have found a better place than in a junky abandoned lot.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

House fire huh? I had one of those in 98............took me three years before I had a place to put my bottles. I left them under a friends shed for close to four years.

I tell ya, I'm damn glad I don't live around any of yall, and to have had a landlord such as that. I'd be bottleless for sure.

Talking about cold and self serving logic.

I'd bet my left nut there is more to this story than what we are hearing. I'd also be willing to bet that no one told the people who had the housefire that their bottles were fixing to be given/carted away. Did you or anyone make any attempt to see if they wanted their bottles back or just went by what your friend or the landlord said?

"Oh look, they left there keys in their car..........that must mean they want someone to drive it off."

Then I guess it's a North/South kinda thing.........maybe not but, I know if there is something of value and it's not mine.....................................

Then maybe it's the age difference between me being 53 and you being 23. Age makes you look at things a bit differently.[;)]

The guys got "permission" they went to the lot got the bottles. End of Story no need to put that much thought into it man. We all are jealous,don't feel alone.[;)]

msleonas

Reaction score
To all that are judging RIBottleguy, he is a respectful, by the book kind of guy, and since I have known him, he has always been that way. He is great at what he does and is always working hard, some may say he is lucky, it is not luck. He works hard for what he gets. Lastly, even though he is much younger than pretty much all of the member of our local club, he is probably one of the most knowledgeable people regarding bottles.

PASodas

Reaction score
Sounds like a legitimate once-in-a-lifetime find. Bottles appear to be in dug condition, however quite a hodge podge of items (although some didn't survive). Possible color run on the Warner's K&Ls or cure collector with the Craigs thrown in but who needs 4 Rumfords. Hardly an ink collection or soda collector. Appears to be normal household items perhaps left under a porch, or exposed to elements, or perhaps dug, most from the same time period that were eventually tossed (literally) into barrels perhaps to prevent others from stepping on them and getting hurt in an effort to clean up the area. No collector would leave bottles that could fill with water exposed to the winter of New England.
Just my opinion . . . Great finds!!!

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

House fire huh? I had one of those in 98............took me three years before I had a place to put my bottles. I left them under a friends shed for close to four years.

I tell ya, I'm damn glad I don't live around any of yall, and to have had a landlord such as that. I'd be bottleless for sure.

Talking about cold and self serving logic.

I'd bet my left nut there is more to this story than what we are hearing. I'd also be willing to bet that no one told the people who had the housefire that their bottles were fixing to be given/carted away. Did you or anyone make any attempt to see if they wanted their bottles back or just went by what your friend or the landlord said?

"Oh look, they left there keys in their car..........that must mean they want someone to drive it off."

Then I guess it's a North/South kinda thing.........maybe not but, I know if there is something of value and it's not mine.....................................

Then maybe it's the age difference between me being 53 and you being 23. Age makes you look at things a bit differently.[;)]

The guys got "permission" they went to the lot got the bottles. End of Story no need to put that much thought into it man. We all are jealous,don't feel alone.[;)]
Rick I am not jealous of his find I just wish just one time I could find a good dump.. I may once in awhile find a good bottle in the dumps I dig but never had the fortune to dig a nice old dump....

tigue710

Reaction score
I love this forum, every time someone posts a good dig or find the negative comments are not far behind... I guess thats why I post so much over here now?

adshepard

Reaction score
Geez and I got excited when I found three bottles lying together during one dive. Fantastic find! I agree with those that said taking them was legitimate. Obviously abandoned otherwise they would not have left them through the winter.

CazDigger

Reaction score
Congrats on an awesome find!! I agree with Matt. Not sure what it is, when someone has good fortune, others try to knock them down. I see it on deer hunting websites too. If someone shoots a big buck, they are automatically labeled as photoshopped - hoaxes or worse - poachers. Not everyone is going to get lucky, no matter how hard you work at it, but luck favors those who work hard.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583