Hutch bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OmegaFirefly

Reaction score
Found a Hutch at a garage sale today that is embossed:
M.Middleman
&
H.Fishman
PHILADA.
PA.

The two names are in script and go at an angle across the side of the bottle.
On the bottome is M&F
Color: light aqua
Height: 7-3/8"
Base: 2-1/4" in diam.
The stopper is intact...no rust and the rubber, although hard, is still there.
Upper third of the bottle a little hazy.

Could you use some help to ID.
Thanks very much,
Dave the Digger

epackage

Reaction score
What other info are you looking for, you seem to have evrything listed?
Jim

OmegaFirefly

Reaction score
Hello epackage,
Yes, I gave all the details of the bottle but am looking for a little history of the bottle with that name on it. What was the contents and who are those 2 fellows and what might be the age of the bottle? Just some general history of it. Wouldn't hurt to know what the value might be also.
Thanks for responding.
Best regards,
Dave

epackage

Reaction score
OH I get it Dave....The bottle is from around 1890-1910 and held soda or water. I'll see if I can find any info in the two bottlers in a litler while....Jim

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Dave,
I know nothing of your particular bottlers but a Hutchinson bottle, as alluded to in your title by its shortened name 'hutch', is a soda style bottle. It was sealed by that metal stopper you have from the inside. These were often produced by small bottlers in small towns and the bottles are collectible. The value and rarity depends on how many were produced, how many are out there, and the condition of the example you have. The Hutchinson patent was originally issued in 1879 and the bottle type was used until about World War I.

OmegaFirefly

Reaction score
Thanks, fellows.
The bottle is in perfect condition and as I said before, the Hutchinson stopper is in perfect condition...no part of it is lost or damaged.
Do you know of any collectors of Philadelphia, Pa. sodas or waters? If so, would you give me their information so I can contact them? Or, have them contact me at omega2012@centurylink.net.
Thanks a lot.
Dave

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OmegaFirefly

Thanks, fellows.
The bottle is in perfect condition and as I said before, the Hutchinson stopper is in perfect condition...no part of it is lost or damaged.
Do you know of any collectors of Philadelphia, Pa. sodas or waters? If so, would you give me their information so I can contact them? Or, have them contact me at omega2012@centurylink.net.
Thanks a lot.
Dave
Dave there were thousands of bottlers in Philly back at the TOC and your bottle is worth about $10, if it were an odd color or had a hard to find closure instead of a hutch it might be worth more...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman