I am not a virgin anymore

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

grugirl

Reaction score
Hello All, as unsignificant as they may seem to you old timer collectors that collect for value and rarity, I got my first bromo given to me tonight.
Some gal not associated with the group gave that with a few others not worth much at all to me at a new meeting I attended for WBCA in WA. The old guys there said, what have you got when she said she had bottles to give to the group...that she didn't just want to throw them out.
They all took one and scrutinized and handed back to her... they weren't much of anything but to me.. they were golden.
My first bromo, a pretty pink/lavendar phillips and a couple other babies and a non-embossed flask.

But they were free and they made me happy. So it was a good night.

Then I went on to learn about gin and schnapps bottles all the way back to the late 1600's.
Great information on era gins and schnapps, colors and the shapes of most bottles meeting that criteria. Learned much.

grugirl

Reaction score
Would this one armed guy be you at the meeting?

grugirl

Reaction score
I believe the one armed guy's name was Quentin. I remember cause I said, I have never met a Quentin before. Always liked the name.
Looking forward to the Chehailis bottle show in May. I sure it will be an exciting adventure as I have never been to one before.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
is Quentin a member of the forum ?...it really don't matter..just wonderin if there was another one of us disabled collectors around ?

grugirl

Reaction score
Not sure... he was at the WA meeting last night. WAs it you and you're messing with me?

grugirl

Reaction score
OK then, YES, there is another disabled digger. He was a very nice man, just looked like he had had an accident of some sort.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR