Am I collecting bottles or just prick up trash?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LITTLE RHODY

Reaction score
I’m a new bottle collector or at least I think am? I may just be collecting worthless glass? This is my first post although I’ve been stalking for a few months, While I learn. Can anyone please look at some of the things I’ve found and give me an overall opinion on what I’m finding? Have I found anything even considered decent??? Anything older than 1900?? Everything is from the same area and from what I’ve been able to research, spans over many many many years. I’d love to know if any of this is interesting and worth extra time and further exploration. Sorry I’m advance for all the pictures, hopefully you’ll enjoy them,
You are on a great site. Those are good bottles. You are into 1800s (the amber (brown)flask and early 1900s with the New York bottle. That would required someone with a tumbling machine to clean off the haze or cloudiness. Dig down till the soil is clear of broken glass and dig out in all 4 directions until there is no broken glass. Bill Rose, Little Rhody Bottle Club

Reaction score
I’m a new bottle collector or at least I think am? I may just be collecting worthless glass? This is my first post although I’ve been stalking for a few months, While I learn. Can anyone please look at some of the things I’ve found and give me an overall opinion on what I’m finding? Have I found anything even considered decent??? Anything older than 1900?? Everything is from the same area and from what I’ve been able to research, spans over many many many years. I’d love to know if any of this is interesting and worth extra time and further exploration. Sorry I’m advance for all the pictures, hopefully you’ll enjoy them,
There are some older item in there. The time period on these runs the gambit. Some are 1890s the aqua medicine and some with the base embossing are relatively new. Mixed dump? There are definitely things worth keeping in there somewhere.

Digger 57

Reaction score

You are picking up garbage that is 100 plus years old. Today it's buried treasure. Nice bottles welcome

Joelbest

Bucks
Reaction score
Hope you are enjoying them because he’s some more
This might help you with dating a little

Attachments

• IMG_1469.jpeg
    IMG_1469.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 72

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I like that saying, George! Say, can I borrow your vintage Pac Man game? ;) It's all good as long as you can smile.:D

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky