I bought 7 for a quarter each!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poeticallyinsane

Reaction score
These were found at a yard sale today and I couldnt leave them behind. The guy said his mom dug them up somewhere (they were dirty and still full of dirt) and only wanted a quarter each. If anyone can tell me about the Ball jar it would be greatly appreciated. It has a large number 5 on the bottom and aside from the obvious embossing there isnt anything else, (there are some bubbles though). The bottle on the lower left is my first bottle of its kind. It says "Miles Laboratories, Inc." Any info on that would be great too. Also, the bottle on the far right has me wondering as well and I already posted in the "What is it? After 1900" section so if anyone checks that out and knows about the bottle please let me know! Thank you! [:)]

E1FBA346C3AB4A389CE9A602E5A91912.jpg

Attachments

• E1FBA346C3AB4A389CE9A602E5A91912.jpg
    E1FBA346C3AB4A389CE9A602E5A91912.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 88

glass man

Reaction score
I can't tell if the ball jar is dark green or just blue which makes a difference,also what is the embossing on the far right you spoke of. I t looks like a soda of some kind. all appear to be from 20s or 30s. I just bought a medium green quart ball,perfect mason ,mint for $18 [that included postage!] Jar was mint and it should have sold for around $65. Clean your mason up real good ,check for ,chips ,cracks ,lip chips and take a picture with better lighting and let us see it,PLEASE!

Poeticallyinsane

Reaction score
The Ball jar is either light blue or a light blue-ish green. It's really hard to tell but I'm probably gonna lean towards just the light blue. The one on the right is described in another part of the forum under What is it? After 1900 but here is the description again,

Its a tall skinny soda bottle that has B I C at the top and below that it has " U (a picture of an eye) C " and midway down the bottle it has the same U (eye) C and below that it says Carbonated Beverages (below that) U I C Coca Cola BOT CO (below that) Lamar (below that) Colo.

It's all emboassed and the bottom is embossed also with 9 U I C 7 (below that) Lamar Colo (then on one side around the perimeter of the bottom it says) Cont. 7 1/2 Flu. Oz. (on the other side of the perimeter of the bottom it says) Union Ice 4 Storage Co.

Stardust

Reaction score
I'm dying for a good yard sale. Looks like rain around here tomorrow.
Craps. Looks like some fun finds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday