I joined the eBay community

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Alaska

Reaction score
I just joined into selling things on eBay; I've been a log time buyer but just haven't gotte around to selling things. I've got some really good bottles goon on there today so check em out!

Seller name : mimitom11

Tom

LC

Reaction score
I have not messed with eBay for so long , went back there to take a look and was unable to figure out where the devil the search seller link is . Can someone tell me . I remember using it before but can't locate it to save me .

div2roty

Reaction score
Next to the search button is a small link "advanced search," where you can search by seller and other ways.

Here is a link to alaska's sales.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/mimitom11/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

LC

Reaction score
Thanks Matt , I appreciate it .

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
Just remember, with Ebay, the seller is always wrong. Do everything you can to protect yourself against buyers, the post office and eBay. Add insurance, delivery confirmation bc buyers will claim they never got items and youll BE FORCED to give refunds if you don't have evidence.

Be ready to get banged with fees ei listing fees (varies), final value fees (8.5-9.5%) and paypal snags like another 4.5%

Print shipping labels on EBay to save time and money, and look into regional priority shipping, saved me a ton over regular priority and flat rate.

And remember to make up a isting name that includes the keywords that you expect buyers to look for. Come as close as you can to using up the character limit.

jays emporium

Reaction score
I have been selling bottles on ebay for over 10 years and I have a couple of tips for you. First, your bottles should all sell because you have reasonable starting bid prices. If someone searches for "VIRGINIA BOTTLE" none of your listings will come up because neither of those words appear in any of your titles. You have 80 characters to use for the title and you should use most or all of them to include key words to help people find your items. For example, use VIRGINIA and VA so it comes up both ways and please tell people you are selling a BOTTLE. You can click on REVISE YOUR LISTING on each item and go back and change your titles to include those key words and any others you can think of. Even with the fees I find ebay the best place to sell bottles, especially if I don't know what the vaules are. I don't have many problems at all with buyers. When you print your shipping labels through ebay you get free tracking from USPS. That way you or the buyer can find out the location of the package and when it was delivered. If you have small bottles you can pack and ship under 13 ounces you can use First Class instead of Priority Mail and save your customers a bunch of money and they appreciate that. Good luck.

jays emporium

Reaction score
I looked at your listings again and it appears you are using Flat Rate shipping. You are chagring way too much for the small drug store bottle and not enough for the Hutch and crown tops. It will only cost about $3 to mail that small bottle by First Clas. If someone close to you buys the heavier bottles you'll come out OK but if someone across the country buys them you'll lose money on shipping by Priority Mail. You should get a postal scale if you don't have one and use teh ebay shipping calculator to automatically figure the shipping cost based on the weight and buyer location. You will need the scale if you want to print your own labels too.
I didn't have a scale for a long time but bought one at the Post Office about 3 years ago and it has been a great money saving investment. They only cost about 50 bucks. If you are going to keep selling it would be worth it. If you are only going to sell a few bottles now and then, maybe not. Thanks for listening.
Jay

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Jay is right. Maybe you have a deal with UPS but a 3lb box to the west coast from where I am can easily be $18 by any carrier.The USPS flat rate boxes don't fit most things properly.

cherise

Reaction score
ebay made me mad when they choose to charge their fees on the shipping cost..booooo to them!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28