Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

In codd we trust.

nhpharm

Apr 24, 2007
Nice bottle. Some of the Northeast ones are actually affordable! The couple from down here in Texas are super expensive.

sandchip

Sep 1, 2008
Georgia
An elderly collector friend of mine came across a Codd from Columbus, Georgia that was missing about half the neck and looked like it had been dragged down the road for a mile or two, but he acted like a child on Christmas day just knowing that one actually existed.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
An elderly collector friend of mine came across a Codd from Columbus, Georgia that was missing about half the neck and looked like it had been dragged down the road for a mile or two, but he acted like a child on Christmas day just knowing that one actually existed.
I know children used to break the bottles to get the marble and that was a problem that codd bottles had.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
Does anyone know of a more complete list of American codd bottles. The list i use says there are 68 known American codd stoppered bottles. Also it says there were 25 different types of codd bottles using various shape designs and all kinds of marbles, glass, rubber and metal. The Galviston texas one that Sandchips friend found is not on my list. My list claims it is complete.

Dewfus

DIGGIN AINT EAZY
Nov 30, 2019
Ligonier,Indiana
I know children used to break the bottles to get the marble and that was a problem that codd bottles had.
love it ROBBYBOBBY64 MY UNCLE HAS 2 HE WONT COME OFF THEM AT ALL LOK AND.HE DOSNT EVEN COLLECT BOTTLES LOL THEY WERE GIVEN TO HIM LUCKY DUCK !!!
I recently aquired my first American codd bottle circa 1885-1915. Standard Mineral Water Brinton & Brosius Philadelphia. It is in good shape, and has the marble and rubber gasket also.View attachment 206062View attachment 206063

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
athenabelle20