Just mining my own buisness!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jesster64

Reaction score
you also have the polices permission now to dig which is always a good thing to have on your side. You didn't by any chance ask them if they knew of any other good sites?

haelix

Reaction score
strange that the property owner was not contacted

Plumbata

Reaction score
I've had plenty of encounters with the cops, but never was I handcuffed (once I was patted down though). All mentioned the suspicion that i might be burying bodies, but a decent explanation sends them on their way. None have ever told me not to dig in the location anymore, and only 1 suggested that I fill in the holes when finished. Seems that the cops aren't all that bad, as long as they have a level head on their shoulders. One cop discussed local history with me for a while, and on another occasion the cop related how his relative had found a "400 dollar blue bottle" which was sold soon after finding it in a creek, and seemed quite supportive of and interested in my digging, versus just indifferent.

Sounds like an unsettling and nerve wracking experience, but it looks like you were rewarded with some goodies so i guess it all worked out in the end. That spittoon is awesome. [:)]

I suggest going back and digging like hell, just call the non-emergency number of the local cop shop before heading out, tell them you will be digging and give them your license plate number so they know that you are legit. I did that for a dump in Champaign, IL and it worked great.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Cool story and all's well that ends well. I've had a few run-ins while collectingl. The officers that I have encountered are almost always friendly and nice. There are a few that weren't so great but I won't mess up your thread. Nice finds.

madman

Reaction score
ive had the same problem , i got surrounded aby 10 cop cars and undercovers, and well i was digging at night, in a bad area, they never saw the shovels , i told em i was hiking and it got dark ,checked me out and let me go, they were very pissed, woops wrong guy lol

madman

Reaction score
woops sorry didnt know that was a bad word.................

beendiggin

Reaction score
That's a crazy day you won't forget. That is a killer spitoon..nice dig. I've been chased off a site where the owner thought I was burying somone also. He wasn't angry, just worried I think. Usually when I head out into the woods I think if someone sees me going in with a pack and tools they'll think I'm tending my "crop". I actually stumbled on to a crop one time....I walked into a string of fish hooks at chest height, then I knew I was close. In another minute it was right there in front of me. 20 plants, already harvested. Glad I didn't meet the owner of those.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey