Keeping it civilized......

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

peejrey

Reaction score
I didn't see what happened but it's sounds like a re-kindling fire...........
We need to all be friends[:)]
I think there's enough CRAP going on in the world right now, that to be worried about something as simple as this.
BUT i'm just saying. . . . . . . . . .
I love you all, you're all smart, intelligent, funny. . . . .ect.
You just don't meet many people like that ya know . . . . . . .
I hope this will soon be finally over, for EVERYONE'S SAKE.
Your friend-P.J.

peejrey

Reaction score
[:)]
AAHHHHhhhhh......
Time for some Hot coco......[sm=tongue.gif]

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: woody

It's OK to disagree as long as it doesn't resort to name calling, threatening, etc.....

Sadly, some people in this world are so intellectually unimposing that they are incapable of separating disagreement from name-calling, baseless insults and threats. Those who possess a permanent grade-school mentality can't be expected to operate reasonably.

Unfortunately for such splendid examples of humanity Pfizer hasn't yet created a pill for that kind of deficiency. [;)]

How do I know this? Because I am one of them. [8D]

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
The nice thing about deleting a thread is that the all of the crap pretty much stops and we can get on to the important issues again... like discussing bottles. I guess that's why it called ABN-Antique Bottles.Net and not WSW or Who Said What!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That's a truly sad thing Steve. I disagree with opinions and people from time to time but I like the the rule "it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt". Something like that and I think Samuel Clemens.
Your comment makes me wonder how many other members we loose do to petty bickering.
Sad indeed.

Lordbud

Reaction score
I think the "General Chat" section of the forum is more likely to spur disagreements because of the very open nature of this section. I generally stay well away from this section and stick to the regular "dig/find/auction/display" venues. However I am all for freedom of speech. Sticks and stones...right?

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Lordbud

I think the "General Chat" section of the forum is more likely to spur disagreements because of the very open nature of this section. I generally stay well away from this section and stick to the regular "dig/find/auction/display" venues. However I am all for freedom of speech. Sticks and stones...right?
Perfectly put IMHO....

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I agree with the 1st amendment rights as well.
This is somewhat different though. This is supposed to be a family friendly forum and all should be able to participate without feeling put off. Putting %#*& in place of spelling the word isn't enough. What it really comes down to is respect and courtesy toward everyone.
That's not really asking anything more than the way anyone of us would like to be treated as well, is it?
A little kindness instead of animosity would make this place and the world a much better

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster