Keuffel & Essig ink?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Oddly enough, while doing an unrelated search of nursing bottles, I came across what was listed as an invalid feeder that had the crooked neck and similar shape, though they were longer looking. Price on this one is likely pretty low regardless of scarcity due to a couple cracks that are pretty obvious and substantial. Still, being a rare one, I informed the owner she ought to remove it from her unprotected public display as it might disappear. And Red, I DO know the difference from an abm and a tooled top and applied and this is definitely not abm, and as stated would be leaning closer to the applied top era. It does appear the neck to the lip edge were all inclusive in the mold. Probably not too different than the pen holder inks with the troughs as part of the molds. I suspect it came out of the mold and was left with a jagged lip like the British inks and was smoothed out rather crudely with some quick tooling.... Jack
ORIGINAL: downeastdigger

Wicked cool ink Jack. Price wise it seems like ink prices are down a bit. If it were mine, and I didnt need to sell it, I'd probably hang on to it and catch inks on the upswing. Certainly never seen an ink in that shape, never mind an embossed one! It looks like when they emptied it out, they could have used it as an emergency bed pan :] a very small one...

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I have that one with gold paint/ink residue. They also made a straight neck on pretty much the same mold. Drafting and artist supplies seem to have been their forte.

Not a big $ bottle. I think I paid around $40 for mine. I love it because it's so different.

Jim G

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen