KIRIN Beer Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Northern1

Reaction score
Well, here goes...I'm new at this.
I have several WWII and older(?) bottles (Dainippon, Kirin, Soji, Coca-Cola, etc) that I recovered from shipwrecks and other sunken vessels in the Pacific. The one I am trying to find information on is a KIRIN bottle that all, and I do mean all, of my dive partners say is very rare. It is a little taller than a standard KIRIN bottle, brown with raised lettering and an image of what appears to be a flying horse or a dragon. I will post a digital pic next week...
I have been told the image is that of a flying horse, which sort of rings true from what I have read about KIRIN Co. and I have been told it is a "Dragon Bottle" that was an extremely limited production for VIP's of the WWII era.
Anyone with any info on this?......

medbottle

Reaction score
Hi Northern1, and welcome to the forum. The only thing I can tell you about your bottle is that the "dragon/horse" is from Japanese mythology and is actually called a Kirin.

leebran20

Reaction score
Northern1: I don't know if this helps much, but we do find a lot of bottles from Asia and ton of those Dai Nippon bottles here in Hawaii, both bimal and ABM. I've never seen the bottle you describe, though I am familiar with Kirin because I drink it, and, yes, medbottle is right -- dragon horse. IndirectlyI guess, I can at least say from my experience that what you have there is at least a lot tougher than the Dai Nippons.

Northern1

Reaction score
Hmm...I have been trying to contact someone at KIRIN, with little positive in the way of results. I was hoping that someone there would have an interest and therefore, some information. Alas, I didn't take any pictures, as I had said I would. The week is young yet and I will do so.

My thanks to leebran20 and medbottle for your replies. I think I'm going to enjoy this site. I have many bottles from throughout the years and this will help to identify someof them.

Northern1

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the bottle. I just now looked at the photgraphing forum and found a good idea on how to get better pics, using a soft white bulb behind the bottle for illumination, rather than using a flash (too much reflection, nott enough detail).

At anyrate, does anyone have any information on this bottle...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem