L@@KING FOR G.C. GLASS CODE INFO

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I realize this is a lot of information to absorb. Perhaps the following will help ...

Pre-1946 Codes ...

Post-1946 Codes ...

Q: Do you see what I see? A: The 3s vs the 5s

Q: And what does this tell us? A: I don't know "yet"

SPB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I've been looking through my acls today and found another G.C. example. This one is on a ...

"Circle A Sparkling Beverages"

And the base code is ...

S GC 2

I'd like to to tell you the S is a 5 for 1952. But its definitely an S unless some mold guy messed up.

And since "Circle A" bottles are fairly common coast to coast, this might be a good place for us to start and make some comparisions. So if you have one or more "Circle A" bottles in your collection, please check them out when you get time and see if they were made by the Glass Containers Co. And if so, what the code numbers are? We just might come up with something if we have enough of the same brands to compare.

I will appreciate anything you have to contribute ... no matter how insignificant it might seem.

Thanks again

SPB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
epackage ~

Nope! Only one if its the right one from someone who can break the code. (Lol) [:D]

Q: Are you the one?

Thanks.

SPB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
andy ~

Thanks for the "anything is possible" suggestion. However, and I should have mentioned this sooner, but there is a member of the "Bottle Research Group" (BRG) who has been trying to make sense of the numbers for over a year and has been unable to the last I heard. She and others (myself included) have tried numerous combinations like the one you suggested, but there always seems to be a glitch with them working with some bottles but not with others. There just doesn't seem to be any cosistency with one formula working for all bottles. As for the double-digit bottles like the A 46 Pepsi (1946) I keep asking myself why would they use a 46 and yet at the same time use a 5433 code? Which leads me to suspect the 5433 has nothing to do with a date. And yet certain individuals claim there is definitely a date mingled in there somewhere with the 5433. But how do you get 1946 out of 5433?

SPB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Q: But how do you get 1946 out of 5433?

Possible answer: If andy's formula works - and the Pepsi bottle is actually a 45 and not a 46 - Then it "might" be for ... February 3, 1945.

Part of the problem here is that I'm not sure if the picture of the Pepsi base is one of my own bottles or someone else's. I just had that picture in my photo gallery and not sure where it came from. And when I looked for that particular bottle among my collection, I couldn't find it. I just know from how the picture was titled (and the picture itself) that it was a G.C. 46-A Pepsi.

That's one reason why I'd like to focus on the "Circle A" bottles. I bet everyone has one of those.

SPB

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Go through the company files. Look for file #3357 or #3383. They'll more than likely hold all the info one would need. Yom, lable color & layout,bottle type and size, ect.,ect............................would correspond mold #s w/ silk screen #s.

Ya gotta remember the #s you see on bottles were for busniess purposes of the maker only. No secret code for the date here I'm sure.............why would there be?

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Osia ~

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight.

1. What "Company Files" are you referring to?
2. Except for the GCs which haven't been figured out yet and may never be, every other acl I am
aware of has a date or date code on it somewhere. Right at the moment I can't think of a single
exception to this.

SPB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I went out to my storage shed looking for that 1946 Pepsi, and although I haven't found it yet, I did find a 8 oz Pepsi Cola from New York, N.Y. which is marked on the base with ...

14 A 59

GC

I will post a picture of it tomorrow.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles