Looking for display ideas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Old Diggens

Reaction score
Greetings collectors,

I'm looking for ideas on ways to display and light 60 to 80 of my favorite bottles. I have several cathedrals, bitters and ink bottles displayed in a bay window now but I would like to set up a wall display. Do you have any ideas where I can view bottle display photos, or, would any of you care to share photos of your own displays. Any ideas you care to send my way would be appreciated.

Thanks and best regards

atticmint

Reaction score
Here is the best deal I could find around here for the money. I bought it at IKEA. Its 6 ft tall and cost $119 Canadian. Not a lot of room but sure looks nice all lit up. I hope to buy another soon and put one on each side of the fireplace.
Kev

Lj22111.jpg

Attachments

• Lj22111.jpg
    Lj22111.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 97

Old Diggens

Reaction score
Hello Kev,

Thanks for sending the photos. That does look nice and one on each side of your fireplace is a good idea. I like the visibility from all sides. I have a double door cabinet in my computer room that is similar to yours but it dosen't have glass on the sides. I haven't been to REI for a while so that might be a good place to start. In my family room I have a wall that's about 6' x 7' and I'm trying to decide on shelves or a another cabinet. I'll get going on one or the other right after the Holidays.

Thanks again Kev

Bottleman

Reaction score
Instead of buying a display case I just made my own. I have one that hangs on the wall for local druggist bottles and another for my better squats and bitters. The bigger one also has windows on the sides and a sliding glass door on the front. Both were pretty easy to make and are made out of oak.

~~Tom

Fc90498.jpg

Attachments

• Fc90498.jpg
    Fc90498.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 107

Old Diggens

Reaction score
Hi Tom,

Nice work, your bottle cases look great. Unfortunately I'm not set up for working with wood anymore. The only wood work I do now is with a chainsaw. ;-) It's been 30 years since I made things like gun racks and the like. I like the fact that your cases are sealed, it eliminates most of the dust problems.
I keep going back and looking at your bottle cases, you might have motivated me into possibly building my own. I really need a sealed case to protect my bottles from dust and the possibility of getting bumped.
I like having them in a window but I don't have enough windows in my family room to display all the ones I like. I thought about making glass shelves above the bottles in the picture below but I think it would be a little risky.
Well thanks for the suggestion Tom, I will give it a lot of thought.
Best regards and Happy Holidays.

Sq47850.jpg

Attachments

• Sq47850.jpg
    Sq47850.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 99

capsoda

Reaction score
You folks need to knock it off, my wife is givin me hell about buildin her some like yours.LOL[sm=lol.gif] Great lookin shelves Tom, I guess I gotta get on it now that I have a new shop.[8|]

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey O.D....

I use a faux-Barrister bookcase that could probably be outfitted with florescent full-spectrum lights... It makes for a nice display even without lights... And it's Wally Mart cheap!!

Ron

Jg14254.jpg

Attachments

• Jg14254.jpg
    Jg14254.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 110

pixmc

Reaction score
Hi Old Diggens and all you other Collectors!

First time I've joined a chat room. Dozens of bottle books and lots of online investigating, I still have some questions on a few bottles I can't identify but thought I'd introduce myself here first with how I'm displaying some of my collection. I know it's an older post but thought I'd share my on-a-shoe-string solution. These cubbies are just cheap foam core (I should have used more support nails, sagging a bit). I worked them out on graph paper first then ripped them on my little table saw to fit the different size bottles. It's the old cut a slot in each then slide them together idea. I hope to replicate them with wood and plexiglass that I'll also backlight and hinge a front plexy window on.
Any other ink fans here?

Cheers!
pixmc

Db83881.jpg

Attachments

• Db83881.jpg
    Db83881.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 94

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics