Looking for Montana Hutch's/blobs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mtfarmer

Reaction score
Hey! I'm trying to put together a collection of old sodas from Montana, and thought I'd better post just in case anyone out there has any that they'd consider selling. Just started collecting several months ago, but dearly love the things. Thanks, and have a great one!
-Aaron

Neily06

Reaction score
Here's one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-MERRITT-CO-HELENA-MONTANA-aqua-BLOB-TOP-soda_W0QQitemZ370144262334QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item562e5138be&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116#ht_861wt_1002

mtfarmer

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I actually already purchased a "Merritt" bottle from the same fellow that has the one listed now. Yea, this is a challenge.....I believe there's close to 100 different Hutch's from Montana, and only 10 or so blobs. Pricing's all over the place. For a more common one from Butte, you can expect to pay $50 or so, while an ultra-rare one from the tiny town of Neihart was rumored to sell for $1500. Ouch! It's all good though.....have aquired around 15 or so, so only have a hundred or so left to go! If I can find just one a month, I should have a pretty good handle on a collection in about 9 years or so! Ha ha.......we'll see!

Reaction score
Hey mtfarmer, I have just become a new member and noticed you are looking for Montana soda bottles. Many years ago I dug bottles with my parents and Grandparents. What a wonderful experience it was but because of the room issues and such I have decided to sell the majority of my collection. I do have several soda bottles from Montana as that is where we dug. I will go through them and see what I have and let you know if you are still interested. I also have some round bottomed soda bottles but they don't have names on them.

Dean

Reaction score
Hello Aaron,
I have the 2 Helena hutchs pictured below and could probably be pursuaded to let one of them go. Let me know if this is one that you need.

Thanks,
Dean
884628C36D4A4B42AAFA58709CFC4E4F.jpg

571D3DDB7EC74492BE8A432EFEE0D745.jpg

Attachments

• 571D3DDB7EC74492BE8A432EFEE0D745.jpg
    571D3DDB7EC74492BE8A432EFEE0D745.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 75

mtfarmer

Reaction score
Hey Folks! I e-mailed both of you just now, so let me know if they don't come through alright!

2 responses tonight.....the stars must be aligned. Almost got a concussion when I fell over backwards in my chair!

Wish I was where you guys are tonight. It's 20 degrees here, blowing around 40mph, and snowing HARD. Much too early for winter......We had to spend 2 months in Houston last summer to address a medical issue with my son, and I swore I'd never gripe about cold weather again. Now, here I am....griping about cold weather.....again!

And div2roty, wow what fun you're going to have. There's gotta be ALOT of Hutches from Delaware aren't there? And colored pontiled sodas? oooohhh I wish we had a few of those! I'm trying to think of something we have here that you don't have. Oh..... I know......rattlesnakes, dust, and wind. Lots and lots of wind....

div2roty

Reaction score
There are about 100 different hutches from Delaware if you count variants from the same bottler. I have about 50 of those. Off the top of my head I believe that there are around 10-20 iron pontil sodas, plus a few more colored smooth base sodas. I only have 3 of those.

Recently I've focused my collecting more on demijohns, early utility bottles and I like to get more into figural bitters.

div2roty

Reaction score
Snow sounds terrible. I've been running in shorts and a t-shirt still. Its been getting up to 65-70 here recently. We do have lots of wind though since I am close to the beaches and southern delaware is all flat.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1