marbels

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lacolobiger

Reaction score
is it just me or do marbels end up at the bottom of the hole? i've dug two trash pits this week and I seem to find the most marbles at the bottom! I'll post picture later tonight. Gotta go eat. very nice shooters, green and white and blue and white:)

diggerjeff

Reaction score
i found 138 benningtons in a single hole all in about a 12'' area. there are several ways that come to mind as to how they ended up there. my brother suggested that from time to time children ingested them and of course ended up in the toilet. i have also heard that quantities of them were used in the bottom of a pan which kept foods from burning, and i guess they were discarded after awhile. kids could have dropped them out of there pockets while dropping the drawers, and maybe fell thru a crack in the floor boards. actually i usually find a few or more every time i dig. a lot of what i find is also near the bottom, but often find newer glass ones higher up. i think bottom marbles were dropped in when the hole was more liquid.thats just my guess! sometimes the marbles end up better than the bottles!!

lacolobiger

Reaction score
Well here they are: I found 21 in one hole and 33 in the other today. Like you say some times the marbles are better than the bottles. didnt find much good bottles. lots of perfume bottles. If your interested I'll show pictures later.:)

lacolobiger

Reaction score
malbles picture ??

Zx70115.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70115.jpg
    Zx70115.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 72

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads