Marble Help?!?!?!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

brianwi

Reaction score
thanks for all the helps guys, i really appreciate it
I'm also wondering, how old is it?

Monsonant

Reaction score
Hey you guys are good ! Thats all good info . I always put a $2 "Pick " bowl of Marbles on the table when selling at flea markets The Benningtons always sell very well at that price . They also sell well if you save up a bunch and put them in a wooden bowl and sell the marbles and bowl as a lot . It has a great county look . They (along with the colored "Commies " Common Clays ) are the Non-collectors marble of choice. The pinks are pretty difficult to find and the greens are even scarcer . There are also "Specials" which are multicolored combinations of all of the above colors. Pee Wees (Under 1/2" ) are a little scarce . Anything above 1 1/2 in. is a good find.

d.e.a.
Just wanted to add that these were made a 100 years ago as jeff noted and production continued well into the 1930s.

IRISH

Reaction score
Anyone know the truth behind the story that Benningtons where put in the cooking pot to stop stuff sticking when it was left to simmer for days ? I've been told this by a few diggers and it would help explain the amount of them in some tips.
Photo is of a few of my ones found all around the country, largest one is a bit over an inch across and there is a tiny one in blue and another in brown, one of the brown ones is flecked with little bits of mica or some other metallic looking stuff in the glaze.

Jh16147.jpg

Attachments

• Jh16147.jpg
    Jh16147.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 67

IRISH

Reaction score
[:D] Too true kumtow [;)] , (they ARE all over my bedroom floor at the moment, note to all=never tip a jar of marbles onto a wooden floor [:mad:] ).

There is also four old Chinese marbles in that lot above.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28