Medicine bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botil

Reaction score
Yes, I got it in Europe. All the bottles in my collection have been acquired in Spain.
I got it in Barcelona five years ago in a street antique marked.
You are probably right and its military.

botil

Reaction score
Its really a beautiful one. Any idea about value?

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Here's my wild guess for what its worth... $40-60 in the USA. Maybe more if some physicians were in the bidding.
Now, if you could figure out the story behind it then it could be something special.
Just my opinion.

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
I think ya hit it on the bean!.....
Out of all the meds/cures/war med bottles i have never seen another like it,I also know whatthe snakes and staff mean,but was unsure if it was really a apoth bottle like it..
As for the Flared lip - thanks,.,,,,to many books ,to many types of tops/lips to remember....

OK- the box'ed X under the tree - now looking at it with the 7 on the left side inside the box'ed X looks like the old symbols they used for certin units in warfare.So either Gunter hit it on the spot with a School/Collage type of bottle made for a professor,or could be a Military type of bottle...The 7 could mean 7th Regiment or 7th Balltilon/7th Infitry/7th Calvery....look more into that!!!!!
Very interesting bottle though.....Id say its US made or maybe English so ill put a 50/50 bet on that....other than that a very cool unique piece...!

botil

Reaction score
Thanks for cooperation everybody.
inside de X there is a 3 on the left and a 7 on the right. Maybe here is the clue.
It could be the date (1837), as Gunther said, or a military code...or...????

ScottBoston

Reaction score
thats a very cool bottle!!
Could that be a willow tree??
It could have contained an 'aspirin powder' or dirivitive for pain on the battlefield, although aspirin itself wasn't made into pill form until 1880's by bayer, many european doctors used powdered salics for pain in the early 1800's for pain.
The use of salicylic acid and its derivatives dates back at least to 400 BC when Hippocrates (440-377 B.C.) prescribed the bark and leaves of the willow tree (rich in salicin) to reduce pain and fever.. just a thought, hope it helps.

botil

Reaction score
Of course it helps. All the information is interesting and wellcome.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter