Minnesota Diggers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sodabottle

Reaction score
Any one Ever dig In Minnesota? If so where, I Cant seem to find any old Dump around the Iron Range (Virginia-Hoyt Lakes) If your not familer with the Iron Range its North OF Duluth Well any who Where have you dug What Have you found and what did you dig in ( Dump Celler Privy)

any info would Help Me

I JUST WANT TO DIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D_Wrex

Reaction score
Hola, I am from the Twin Cities area but was actually born in Virginia and frequent Hoyt Lakes due to a lot of my family living there. I was actually there about a month ago for the water carnival.

I beleive the iron range was not highly inhabited until the 1930's-1940's if not later. I would suggest going to a library and look for some old pictures/history books.

actually your best bet is trying to find the town on the other side of Hoyt Lakes & Erie Mining that was Mesaba. Good luck though, Hardly anything even remains. but that would only date back to probably the 1880's to early 1900's. I can ask my grandfather to see if he would know anything more.

Duluth in my opinion would be a much better option.

What town do you live in anyway?

Edit: Hoyt Lakes was not highly inhabited until 1930's, however I did some research and there is sandborn fire maps for aroura, biwabik, virginia and such, I think they date back to 1890's

quicksilver

Reaction score
Hi sodabottle,
I used to live in Marble, Minnesota. Do you know where that is?

Matt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc