Missed opportunity

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: hunting262

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

I hunted archery,muzzle loader,and rifle for many years. But now I am 1 with the creatures.

AB7DF9E2804C480CBEF22A080DC93E3C.jpg
That's fake correct?[&:][>:]
quote:

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

I hunted archery,muzzle loader,and rifle for many years. But now I am 1 with the creatures.

That's fake correct?

yes its fake, the deer are using an inflatable Rick to lure other humans.[:D]

Plumbata

Reaction score
This dude I know inadvertently tackled a deer to the ground back in his high-school days. He was stalking some deer and they disappeared into a ravine behind a fallen tree at the top of a wooded ridge. He ran up, clambered over the tree, and jumped into the ravine hoping to catch the deer off guard.

Well, he sure did. A doe was standing right where he was going to land and he ended up tackling it to the ground, and was rewarded with a swift kick to the armpit before the deer got up and scampered away. A few of his friends saw this and despite the dude getting laid out by the kick they thought the deer tackle was the most badazz feat in the history of the world.

From then on he was known as "Daniel Boone" [:D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

This dude I know inadvertently tackled a deer to the ground back in his high-school days. He was stalking some deer and they disappeared into a ravine behind a fallen tree at the top of a wooded ridge. He ran up, clambered over the tree, and jumped into the ravine hoping to catch the deer off guard.

Well, he sure did. A doe was standing right where he was going to land and he ended up tackling it to the ground, and was rewarded with a swift kick to the armpit before the deer got up and scampered away. A few of his friends saw this and despite the dude getting laid out by the kick they thought the deer tackle was the most badazz feat in the history of the world.

From then on he was known as "Daniel Boone" [:D]

LOl he is lucky he didn't get kicked in the head! he would have been done.

My dad jumped down out of a tree with a spear made of re-bar and killed a deer. His nick name was "Hudnut" and yes his first name is Richard [:D]

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

I was using a 20 ga buckshot. Last year I got a button buck with a 12 ga slug.

A slug? Anything left you could call a deer?

A slug is what most "shot gun" deer hunters use or a rifled slug. Placed slightly behind the shoulder and a slightly low, will kill a deer with little damage to any meat.

Penn Digger

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

Buckshot? Really?

PD
Ya is that bad???????[>:]

Buckshot is different from a slug. A slug is one piece whereas buckshot (more bb like) varies by "number." The lower the number, the larger the bbs and fewer of them. The larger the number, the smaller the bbs and more of them. Generally larger number shot is used for smaller birds or squirrels while lower number shot is used for larger birds like turkeys. JMHO

PD

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

I was using a 20 ga buckshot. Last year I got a button buck with a 12 ga slug.

A slug? Anything left you could call a deer?

A slug is what most "shot gun" deer hunters use or a rifled slug. Placed slightly behind the shoulder and a slightly low, will kill a deer with little damage to any meat.

Sometimes 'well placed shots" are not possible. Once I shot a doe with a slug and it blew a hole through it the size of a soft ball. I was only 5 feet away from the thing. Needless to say not much meat was lost.

glass man

Reaction score
My brother once wounded a deer and jumped on it's back and cut it's throut..a risky thing to do...man he kept me in deer meat..I love making deer chili..I am not patient enough to wait for a deer ..plus my shooting is bad!!Wish some one would send me some deer meat even the skull..I would gnaw of it!!JAMIE

THOMAS1967

Reaction score
Pretty sure BUCKSHOT is almost always used for deer or home defense, thus the name "BUCK" shot...Birdshot would be used for smaller game..[;)]

Buckshot? Really?

PD
Ya is that bad???????[>:]

Buckshot is different from a slug. A slug is one piece whereas buckshot (more bb like) varies by "number." The lower the number, the larger the bbs and fewer of them. The larger the number, the smaller the bbs and more of them. Generally larger number shot is used for smaller birds or squirrels while lower number shot is used for larger birds like turkeys. JMHO

PD

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I saw someone try to kill a wounded deer (hit by a car) with birdshot once.
It mostly just took its fur off. Not very humane (or smart).

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH