$money$

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

carobran

Reaction score
ya see.......now when i apply for the job ill have this to put on my application!

rockbot

Reaction score
This seams to be a negative thread...[:(].

Just the title $money$ is a bit disturbing.

I like to think of bottle digging and collecting as a hobby and you can't put a price on that. I can afford to "buy" any bottle
I like but my favorites are some uncommon variations of common bottles that I have dug over the years by myself, with my family and friends! AMEN!!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Super embossed 7UP green SF flask that later sold for $70K. Once in a lifetime dig from a local privy that was only 4' deep.[8D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

You hit the nail on the head Gunther! I better not even get on the subject of (what its worth), people may start back with the BRAGGING chit and the being HUMBLE crap,and we cant forget Mr lurker,But wait!! I didn't start this thread! Hahaha! so its ok.8 to 12 thousand G11-38 puce eagle flask.I am proud of that bottle and will never sell it, one day at a time. The people who say (priceless) are just afraid to put up a number, even though that's what Anna ask for in this thread.You didn't dig the hope diamonds twin did you? Now that would be priceless!!! Rick[/align]
[/align]

That quote was a few years ago, now the puce baby is off the hook amount$
that = a lot [8D] and yes I still have it Gunth [:D]

KBbottles

Reaction score
A puce drakes and an old crude black-amber Hostetters. Also S.W. Bells first bottle from New Brunswick. Hard to put a value on all 3 as I have seen a very wide range over the past year. Watched a gorgeous puce drakes go for only $150 at the Shupps Grove, PA Show, seen them for 3-400 on ebay, and recently $245 on the forum. Very interesting...

The old S.W. Bells have sold for north of $300 on Ebay before. They are three personally dug bottles that I am too personally attached to to ever sell or really care about value. When I rarely sell bottles, it goes towards feeding what the collection fund.

-KB

bigghouse

Reaction score
this is actually really embarrassing haha I guess I couldnt spell and was just sort of obnoxious on this website when I was like 12.....

I didn't meet to offend anybody by the way
:)

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It's always a pleasure to see you around here, Anna! [:)]

lexdigger

Reaction score
No offense taken! Love to see younger people getting into the hobby of finding, digging and collecting. Asking someone how much the Best bottle they ever dug was worth is a legitimate question. When people see Us diggers down 15 feet deep in a hole digging out old bottles... they KNOW we aren't just doing this for our health.
Some people don't like to talk dollar signs, but it is all part of it. If they were ALL a dime a dozen, it wouldn't be quite as much fun. We all dig for that super Rare and Valuable bottle... either to sell or to put on the shelf. What makes it SO special is that you can't just go out and buy one anytime you want.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bigghouse

this is actually really embarrassing haha I guess I couldnt spell and was just sort of obnoxious on this website when I was like 12.....

I didn't meet to offend anybody by the way
:)

Certain 12 year olds on the forum today give us young people a bad name... [8|]

blade

Reaction score
Nice bottle Digger George, are you sure it's from Mars , it looks to me that it could possibly be from Uranus ! [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR