$money$

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bigghouse

this is actually really embarrassing haha I guess I couldnt spell and was just sort of obnoxious on this website when I was like 12.....

I didn't meet to offend anybody by the way
:)

How old are you now? Im to tired to look at the date of this thread [:D]

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I have dug 1000's of bottles, but very few if any are actually worth anything monetarily. Probably the most valuable I actually dug was a Warner's Safe Remedy. Last time I went digging was about 1996, when I went three times. Before that it was 1984. This was all in a TOC-1930 dump.
I am really dying to get back into the ground, but have not been in a position to dig for a while. Now that I have the time, I have no idea where to dig.

tigue710

Reaction score
When I saw this thread I was wondering if you were still around Anna. I always liked your posts, reminded me of when I was 12... Im betting your not thinking about bottles to much anymore now though, probably trying to get you license and your parents off your back...! You were our resident young blood in good ol days

bigghouse

Reaction score
How old are you now? Im to tired to look at the date of this thread

15! I'm a sophomore and I think I started going on this website maybe 7th grade? And you couldn't be more right tigue710! I don't have a lot of extra time for bottles anymore [:(]
I got an email sort of out of the blue from this website and I realized how much I missed it, so I've been procrastinating and reading posts about bottles [;)]

Missed you guys

tigue710

Reaction score
Haha Yup, I think it was around 14 I stopped digging until my early twenties when I started buying bottles in antique stores again... Then a little digging... Then I got on the old bottledigger.net forum and Ive been hooked again ever since... By the time I joined this forum I was digging all the time again... We will always be here when you wanna come back, arguing over pontils and laughing over slicks

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I'm 16 now, and I've been digging since I was... 15... [8D] Not quite a veteran yet! I can't imagine ever leaving this hobby... Not like you guys are a cult or anything... Praise be to bottleallah! [:D]

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Oldihtractor

It's all about the money $$$$ don't let anyone tell you diffrent!!

I guess for most people $$$$ is all that matters. I like to think there are a few people out there that think otherwise but maybe I'm kidding myself.

On another note,

A fellow forum member offered me a bottle at a great price considering he just sold one at auction for twice that price. So its good to know some people
value friendship or just wanting to make someone happy!

Stardust

Reaction score
Anna, It is nice to hear from you again... I was just thinking about you sweet one. Drop in more often and I know there is more in the world than bottles these day....[;)] One day you will return when you have more time. Take care ~ star ~ *

The money thing : I think for most people it's all about the money thing....But I've seen such acts of kindness here by you John and Rocky to me. With bottles you could have gotten money for. You touched my heart and lifted my spirits. Several other members have done the same and I always think how very kind this forum is. Reaching out to one another. Kindness and paying it forward [;)] it's a nice feeling. One day when I get some strength, I will have to post my bottles of kindness and with stars on them. I'm taking little steps right now, but each act of kindness lives deep within my heart forever ~ I also think that those who are kind and give are rewarded back ~ [;)] star ~ *

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology