more pics. of old house

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, took some more pictures of the old house yesterday. it's a duplex with 3 chimneys. ideals on age apreciated. how do you probe if it's a very rocky area? thanks for looking, rhona

Vt58112.jpg

Attachments

• Vt58112.jpg
    Vt58112.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 75

capsoda

Reaction score
Hi Rhona, By the 3 types of siding and the mixed foundation and what I could see of the chimenys, the orignal house was built in the 1880s with an addition in the late 1890s and one more addition about 4 or 5 years after the turn of the century with a lot of upgrades to the exterior after that. Not magic, I used to recondition pre 1900s homes for a living way back when. Hope this helps. Trash was usually piled where the ground was full of rocks, also look for places where the rocks were dug out to use for fences and such.

Miles

Reaction score
I see the No Tresspassing signs on that house though [&:] You should find out who owns the house, maybe the state?

KentOhio

Reaction score
Can you dig behind the stone house? It looks like it was built before 1850.

crkgrl

Reaction score
I agree about the different additions. Some of the pics make me think the house and/or different additions may be newer. The smallish windows would be odd for an older house in this part of the country.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson