? ? Most Variant Bottle ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madpaddla

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have often wondered which bottle had the most variants? I got the question from checking out Guntherhess' medicine book. Thanks for your thoughts.
Madpaddla

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Reading stuff like that will cause you to have odd thoughs and it may rot your mind.

Your question can be interpreted a number of ways.
I can only address Medicines.
If you are talking one particular product its probably going to be something like Warners Safe bottles or USA Hosp Dept. If you include color variants it will probably be Townsends or Wisharts. If you are talking from one maker it would probably be someone like Kilmer or Hartshorn.
I never really sat down and tried to figure it out but I do collect Hartshorn bottles because there are a lot of variations at reasonable prices.

If you are talking any type of bottle, I dont think there would be any contest, the Masons Patent 1858 fruit jar has to have the most variants.

madpaddla

Reaction score
The jars might have the edge. Tons of Masons and Ball out there. But I think the Warners Safe might have it. I have only dug one but there are so many colors, countries, embossing, etc. That would be my vote.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
But a jar is not technically a bottle, is it?[;)]

I've never seen 2 Turlington's that look the same. And it was in production for over 150 years, so that's why I picked it.

Here's a neat link that I don't have time to read completely right now about Warner's Safe Cure:

http://warnerssafeblog.wordpress.com/2008/03/

madpaddla

Reaction score
Now Kate ....that is some stuff right there. I thought I was up on most of the websites etc ...but that one is nice . And about those Turlingtons...your right ...few if any are the same. You could have 5 or 10 of em and each would be different. Hope things are well with ya Kate.
Madpaddla

bearswede

Reaction score
Counting sizes, colors, age/pontilation (open thru machine-made) and global distribution and manufacture... I'd have to go with Udolpho Wolfe's Aromatic Schnapps!

Da Wulffman, hisself

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr Peter Venkman