My 10 year old's collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slimdigger

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a 10 year old son that decided several years ago that he wanted to collect poison bottles. My digging partners and I have given him quite the collection as all of the poison bottle we dig go into his collection whether he has the bottle or not. I wish I had these bottles when I was 10. Sorry about the picture being fuzzy but there isn't much light in his cabinet. Slimdigger

Eb86695.jpg

Attachments

• Eb86695.jpg
    Eb86695.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 98

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Bruce, Looks like you might have created a monster. Frankendigger![:)] Its always good to have your kids enjoy your hobby with you aint it.

slimdigger

Reaction score
I cannot wait until he is old enough to real move some dirt. Then dad can sit back and relax some. As of right now I dig the bottles and he sifts the dirt. He gets to keep any of the small items he finds. I always try to throw a decent bottle out with the dirt to keep him interested.

capsoda

Reaction score
I know what you mean. My kids have all grown up so I get to dig all the big holes and my wife gets in and scrathes out the bottles while I sit and gasp, puff, wheeze.[:eek:] I do like to sift while she digs.[:)]

Jim

Reaction score
Very nice, Slim. That's a collection like I only dreamed about when I was 10! My girlfriend's son is also 10, and has an interest in bottles. I have started a small collection for him as well. Jim

poisons4me

Reaction score
Very nice,we need as many young collectors as we can get,i hand out cobalt bromos and stuff at shows to kids wanting to start.I figure there not selling dope or something if there out digging bottles

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Slim,

That's a great starter poison collection... congratulations for getting your son interested at an early age... they grow up real fast and boy they can change. My two boys are into the bottles and they don't get out near enough as I would like them to...

They sure dug a few holes around here and they found a couple of promising sites. My youngest boy was a real "Whirling dervish" (look that one up Cap) that is until he came down with a wicked case of poison ivy...[:'(]

Anyway, he's a lot more careful now. I like the idea that you throw out a good bottle every now and then to keep him interested! I pick up all the bottles I find underwater, go through them and throw a lot of them back into the water in designated spot that only I know of... then, when they start diving, I can bring them to this "dump" and let them go at it!!

Wayne

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
I always try to throw a decent bottle out with the dirt to keep him interested.

He throws 'em in my hole too, just to keep me interested. [:D]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4