My dairy dig from March/April, finally got back there....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LisaTammy

Reaction score
That's a beautiful place where you are digging. Keep going you never know when you will hit one.Lisa

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
Bear it is terrible. When you see that many rare pieces and find common junk whole with thin glass it's like WTH is going on?!!!?!?!?!?!?. Lisa come Fall and the rainy season it's a swamp lol. I'm very happy I'm not sticking my bare hands in cold water this time around lol

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
John, I know the feeling. Quite lovely. But give it two more decades, and see if the thin ones still exist.
Well, they probably will still be there.[>:] Just means the rare ones are that much rarer. [:D] So when you find them, they'll be even more special!

LisaTammy

Reaction score
JohnDeere, I often ask myself the same thing. Why are all the old generic ketchup, mustard, food bottles, and beer bottles unbroken but the good bottles with them are always broken? I've pulled so many mason jars out whole but the green tinted ones are always broken grrrr. Where I have been digging, I have a pile of milk bottle tops but have only dug three whole milks. Doesn't make much sense.Lisa

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Lisa, ever have one you think is whole, only to have it explode in your paws--er, hands; whatever you Humans call 'em?

hemihampton

Reaction score
LisaTammy said:
JohnDeere, I often ask myself the same thing. Why are all the old generic ketchup, mustard, food bottles, and beer bottles unbroken but the good bottles with them are always broken? I've pulled so many mason jars out whole but the green tinted ones are always broken grrrr. Where I have been digging, I have a pile of milk bottle tops but have only dug three whole milks. Doesn't make much sense.Lisa

Whats wrong with unbroken beer bottles. I like unbroken beer bottles.

Attachments

• 314dd26b40d3415ca9eb7fc8b49ff27c.jpg
    314dd26b40d3415ca9eb7fc8b49ff27c.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 63

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Hemi, she said "generic" so I assume we're talking unembossed paper label. Now, if we were to find such as what you have pictured, then we'd all be ecstatic!

hemihampton

Reaction score
OH, OK, Just thought she meant the Ketchup only, my mistake. LEON.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Quite simple an error to make--I had to stop and think on it. But the way the chat seemed to go, it appeared she was talking more on modern stuff as it's thinner--the chat talking on anything surviving that we don't want, when the good old stuff is gone. But seriously, Leon: Excellent beer.
Res1cue and I wanted to know if you know when Muskegon Brewery was sold to Grand Rapids? I had thought WW2-era? He had mentioned in here that it might have gone out pre-war? Of course, that is difficult to define. It depends on if you mean U.S. action, or just wen the real war started. In a sense, it's possible we're both right. Lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583