My new" Old " Glass display cabinet .

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
20 The last glass picture. The Henry Clay Lacy salt.

3DA477EE84FA4C478BD82D907517B040.jpg

Attachments

• 3DA477EE84FA4C478BD82D907517B040.jpg
    3DA477EE84FA4C478BD82D907517B040.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 78

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
In closing,

I have reached the end of collecting new material and my last acquisitions will be two historical flasks from forum Member Jim Sinsley ( botlguy ) who by the way is a great guy and has an amazing historical flask collection. My own collection is large in size and at times is all consuming. Available Real estate in my house is prohibiting any additional glass at this time or the foreseeable future. I love the old glass and it has been very fun to acquire and it has been great interacting with all of you the last 6 years with like interests. I have learned a lot of history,both bottle and glass related and a lot of non-glass history.

I was never taught in school the importance of our early glass factories and how they helped to shape industry in our young nation. It is time to sit back and appreciate what I have rather then just keep adding to it. I will be creating a cataloged system to keep track of everything in my collection. There will be a large write up at this forum and some small movies of the Glass factory sites scattered around South Jersey I have been visiting so I am not going away completely from this site.

I may start a web site on early glass in the future as has been suggested by folks on this forum . A lot of things are tugging for my attention and I need to start addressing those first. Thanks for viewing, and if you have any questions regarding glass with which you think I can be helpful to you don't be shy I can be reached via email through this forum and I will get back to you as promptly as possible. Thanks everyone who has schooled me when I needed to be,[:eek:]taught me new information and shared their own personal knowledge and who have become good friends in the process.[:)] I wish everyone here the very best at collecting glass as it is a great hobby. Ill stop in from time to time but this is my new hobby, getting the person in the middle of this photo ( My Son ) set in life !! If it is anything like the first twelve years I am in for a doozy of a time!!

44CDB38EC0374AB28F1A46BF1BFE858F.jpg

Attachments

• 44CDB38EC0374AB28F1A46BF1BFE858F.jpg
    44CDB38EC0374AB28F1A46BF1BFE858F.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 86

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Thanks Steve, I always wondered where you kept your collection. That looks like a great case to keep some pieces in. It means even more to realize what they are with what they look like.
RED Matthews

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I may start a web site on early glass in the future as has been suggested by folks on this forum

that should be a very cool creation with your level of glass passion. Looking forward to it.

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

8. Thanks Jamie,
From Left to right, an early glass ink well either from Wistarburgh or Glassboro,a large Marriage pitcher or glass from the Malaga Glass works of Christian stanger,in front of it is the Wistar made scent bottle,A Wistarburgh made Dog drinking vessel which I have shown often at this forum,In the right rear corner a Lancaster made Lily pad pitcher and it front of it a Wistarburgh made Green footed Tumbler or drinking glass

F3DD20F11BA949E0B81882081267740C.jpg

Hey Steve,

Thanks for this personal tour of your new display case. A tremendous amount of beautiful vessels to drink in, in one sitting.

I'm bowled over by the rigareed beauty of the ink and the sea horse scent. If you have the time and inclination to further photo and talk about those guys, I'd be delighted.

Thanks for showing us.

RHP04.jpg

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Thanks Matt,the scent bottle was supposedly carried in the woman's Bosom and filled with some sort of salt that had a strong flowery perfume smell to it which masked the bath less body scent which as you know everyone had in those days. Id imagine it smelled like one big nursing home mess hall when the founding fathers assembled in a hot and humid Pennsylvania State house to figure out this freedom thing we like so much. What a price to pay[:D] I have bought the domain name and have a host for the web site it will come into view soon enough. Stephen thank you and let us know when your tribute to your pet is complete.
I cant get the song feed Jake out of my head now!! Surf I will dig out some more tomorrow as I label each bottle I will take a picture or two and post them here at the forum.Thanks for being a good friend Surf. Red Matthews I will show you the main bottle cabinet in a few days.

PASodas

Reaction score
Steve, I will miss your posts dearly, for both the education and the humor. Who else can describe an entire episode of Judge Judy as if we were there in the courtroom[:D]. Your photo-documentary on Dyottville caused me to visit the site for myself. Plus, your the only weatherman I trust. Good luck with the website, I'm looking forward to it!

Jeff

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Thanks for everything you do for this site SteveO. Best of luck in all you do for/with your son. I trust you will be lurking around this site and still posting a bit, but not buying?

PD

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie