My Pet Peeves with the Bottle Hobby

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ktbi

Reaction score
May not agree with you, but everyone knows what you mean when you describe a bottle as mint. I always liked the term 'just missed being pontil!'. Do he mean the guy holding the rod had bad aim, or maybe the bottle isn't as old as he wanted. I agree with an earlier posted who advised you to over describe. BTW NYDigger, I've been doing this 40+ years and I would listen to you all day. You have a mountain of knowledge that I just don't have. keep it up. Ron

Penn Digger

Reaction score
NyDigger1 (Mike) might be a young guy, but he is certainly doing a very historically honorable thing. Something to be said for a man his age putting together a database or catalog of blobs from the largest city in America! I am a local history nut myself, but sure as hell wasn't at his age. When I was his age I was in college and running the streets of NYC. Never thought about history let alone bottles. Been digging for 15+ years now back here in PA. Only got hard core on the locals the last 6 or 7 years. I do have the largest local collection known. Have dug most, bought some, been gifted a few, and even been death bed gifted an only one known because folks have recognized my passion for locals and preserving local history.

I sold a bizarre NYC blob to Mike before I realized his passion for his locals. I will be sending him another at no charge soon. Give the guy a break and help him out with the good deed he is doing. We were all his age once.

PD

NyDigger1

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ktbi

May not agree with you, but everyone knows what you mean when you describe a bottle as mint. I always liked the term 'just missed being pontil!'. Do he mean the guy holding the rod had bad aim, or maybe the bottle isn't as old as he wanted. I agree with an earlier posted who advised you to over describe. BTW NYDigger, I've been doing this 40+ years and I would listen to you all day. You have a mountain of knowledge that I just don't have. keep it up. Ron

thanks alot for the kind words, its good to know that there are some people interested in what I do =]

NyDigger1

Reaction score
Penn, thanks for the kind words =]. You have been one of the nicest people ive had the pleasure to talk to within the whole hobby. If I ever find a dump here in Nyc youll be first on the scene with me [;)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: NyDigger1

Penn, thanks for the kind words =]. You have been one of the nicest people ive had the pleasure to talk to within the whole hobby. If I ever find a dump here in Nyc youll be first on the scene with me [;)]

I met the man in person. DO NOT DIG ALONE WITH HIM. That's all I am saying.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Real nice Rickster[8D] Looking forward to seeing you Sunday. Don't worry, I won't bring my ax to your house.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: NyDigger1

I met the man in person. DO NOT DIG ALONE WITH HIM. That's all I am saying.

[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
[:)] [:D] [;)]
m6.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583