My Pet Peeves with the Bottle Hobby

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

Mint Mint dug Seitz

I detect a flaw on your so called minty mint bottle
I suspect it was gouged by one of your incisors while your were drinking out of it[:D]

C73F40B47E264B809A288986760DAD03.jpg

That is a very fine flaw,it is smooth so it was done in the molding process . No stains. So I say its minty fresh [:D]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
This was very entertaining. Thanks everyone for the posts. Chuck - I hope I find a bottle you need. It's yours is a new york minute. Melinda, I love your observation that people's 'eyes glaze over' when you talk about bottles. It's good to notice that before it's too late and stop talking immediately. I've see it myself many times. I often warn people not to get me started . . .

Matt, outside of your misogynistic propensities, I find that you are often helpful and insightful.[:D]

tigue710

Reaction score
Im a lover not a fighter, so you must be talking to the other Matt...

I only go for barn rafter mint, its the best flavor, and often comes with critter poo to boot!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Tigue, that'd be guano mint.. [8D]

Hello Bob!! I'd love to see you get started... about bottles... [:)]

madpaddla

Reaction score
Hello Mike,

And welcome to the forum. Defusing the topic would assist in its discussion. I was once a newbie to the bottle world and this forum. Learned a ton on here and from the bottle world. Sorry, I was not implying that you were a newbie. Couple thoughts for you.

Regarding Mint: It is my believe that there never is a Mint bottle. Take for instance an early 1860 pontil puff. A bottle found in an attic with no contents and some base wear would still not be mint b/c of the base wear. But the same tumbled puff would not be mint because it was altered. Just my opinion.

About ebay: Love it or leave it. They charge fees and we have to accept it. I always describe my listings having: Chips, Dings, Cracks, Stain and Cloudy. I guess I should also involve scratches. To help with the returned bottles, try to over describe the condition.

Digging in the NYC: Bravo ! Much respect. Great bottles out of there and real hard to come by. About the digging clubs, etc. The more you dig the more you know. Chris from Baltimore says something so very true "Hours of research, digging and hard work will find you great bottles. But that gratitude you get from finding a good bottle is worth more than the hard work. Get digging"

Knowledge: Ha everyone is a genius. [:D] American bottles date from 1700's to present day. No one knows everything but everyone knows something. As bottle collectors we are always learning. Always. No one ever knows everything.

About the hobby: I tell my wife that a bottle is worth $100. But then I buy the same bottle for $70 the next week. She tells me "Bottle prices are like stocks. Never the same price. Just a range"

Great to have ya here on the forum. And I have meet some of these members here on the forum. Great folks. Tigue although tough tells it like it is 100%. And if you ever met him in person I bet you would enjoy his company.

Madpaddla

NyDigger1

Reaction score
To everyone, i never said I know everything, I only said that I know more about New York City Bottles than the next guy [:'(]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.