Need help with this bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi LEANBACON, welcome to the forum [:D] .
I don't know anything about your bottle but I must say that it's the best pictorial embossing I've ever seen on an American bottle [:)] , one of the best I've seen anywhere actually.

LEANBACON

Reaction score
Irish, i'm totally honored to have received such a wonderful compliment from you on this bottle. i just looked at your extensive collection and i have to say WOW!!!! i'm very impressed. Thanks once again

LaidBackJack

Reaction score
Leanbacon, that's a fan-tastic embossed bottle! I think everyone who has spent any time collecting bottles would about die for that one. I've just spent 3 days digging for anything half as neat, and I'll go back & dig for another 10 if I can find me one of those! Outstanding find.

LEANBACON

Reaction score
LBJ
Thanks so much for the compliment. you guys are awesome[:)]. I asked earlier if this bottle would clean up nice if tumbled. DEEPWOODS seemed to think so. Does everyone else feel the same? i'm just worried that tumblig will ruin [sm=rolleyes.gif]the embossing on the bottle

diggerjeff

Reaction score
as strongly as that bottle is embossed , and as thick as the glass is i doubt that it would be any problem to tumble. please have it done by a professional!!. it will not cost much and you will run less of a risk of damage. or just leave it as is , it really is in pretty good shape as it is.

LEANBACON

Reaction score
Tell you what guys, i will take several close up pics, and i will let everyone give his or her thoughts on whether or not i should have it tumbled. How's that sound? I like the feed back and appreciate all the comments. Please feel free to email me if you think your opinion may stir some dirt with others on the board

diggerjeff

Reaction score
go to reggie lynches bottle site, he is forum member (rlynch) http://www.antiquebottles.com/ he has a list of new york bottle collectors clubs posted on his web site . get in contact with these people as they might know a little more about your bottle. always best to check with local collectors. lets hope your luck hold up for awhile!!!

sunshine4me

Reaction score
Hi i think that is a nice looking bootle. I found some info on that.The bottle book i got from the liabrary. It has G. B. Seely's Sons clear 11" it looks like it was a Spirits bottle. It does not show a picture of the bottle. I hope this helps some. The book I have is The Standard Old Bottle Price Guide.Thanks Cindi

Reaction score
I have to agree with all here that is one hell of a bottle.........
I have not seen one with that much detail as well as sizing in an embossed glass drinkable beverage.
I thought I`d add the photo of the day it came from the bottom of the St. Lawrence NICE BOTTLE DIVER!!!!![:D][:D]

Yw68578.jpg

Attachments

• Yw68578.jpg
    Yw68578.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 82

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member